Caramel Apple Pudding Shots are perfect for your fall parties or tailgating…
So last weekend we went to our neighborhood Halloween Party. Amber, my neighbor and resident food taster here at dadwhats4dinner.com hosts this awesome party every year. She goes all out and I mean all out. I have never seen so many decorations.
Unfortunately this year we could only stay until around 10:00 because of a 6:00 am wake up call to travel to a soccer tournament. Yeah us! I think the party was still rocking when we left for the game.
Since a lot of the partier’s know what I do. I always try to come up with something new to bring. This year I made these Caramel Apple Pudding Shots. They are dangerous. They taste just like eating a caramel apple on a stick but with a nice little kick. I guess if you have ten of the pudding shots it might have more than a little kick.
This is a simple recipe to make and only takes about an hour to set up in the freezer. I served mine frozen but you could also serve them chilled. I found my little 1 oz cups with lids at Gordon Food Service (GFS). I also found the little spoons.
The spoons are not necessary because you could just squeeze the shot out of the cup and finish it off with your tongue. I guess it depends on how sophisticated your crowd is at your party. The later in the evening the less important the spoons become.
This is an easy to make adult treat perfect for a Halloween party. Mix the pudding mix and milk. Blend in your liqueurs, spices, and caramel. Fold in cool whip and pipe into 1 oz. cups. Top with caramel and nuts. As you can see my cats are ready for Halloween. I hope you are.
If you are looking for something a little more kid-friendly check out my Spooky Monster Bark.
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant Butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant Vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup apple brandy or apple pucker schnapps
- 1 cup Irish cream or butterscotch schnapps
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce plus more for topping
- 16 ounces Cool Whip
- chopped peanuts for topping
- Mix pudding and milk until well blended.
- Add apple brandy, Irish cream, pumpkin pie spice and 1/2 cup caramel, mix well.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Divide into individual servings. I used a pastry bag and piped the pudding into 1 ounce cups
- Top with a squeeze of caramel sauce and a sprinkle of peanuts.
- Keep in freezer.
Check Out My Latest Jello Shot Creation;
I will be bringing this recipe for Caramel Apple Pudding Shots to Freedom Fridays, Friday Favorites, Fiesta Friday, Weekend Potluck, What’s Cooking Wednesdays. Checkout my Link Parties page for other great places to find new recipes.