Your Christmas party will be Ho! Ho! Ho! not Ho! Ho! Hum! with these adult Candy Cane Pudding Shots. Your favorite Christmas treat with a nice little peppermint kick. Smooth and creamy!
I am quickly becoming the Pudding Shot King of the internet. Not what I expected but I guess everyone needs to be known for something. So it all started with Halloween last year when I made my Caramel Apple Pudding Shots and they were a huge hit. It’s my most popular post and is tops on Google. Who would of thunk it!
This fall I decided to expand my pudding shot selections so I started experimenting with different fall and winter flavors. My first post was for my Pumpkin Pie Pudding Shots. Then I created a toffee and these awesome Candy Cane Pudding Shots. Both will be perfect for your holiday party. I will post my Toffee Pudding Shots in a few days.
The Candy Cane Pudding Shots are made with White Chocolate and Red Velvet Jello pudding and the alcohol is Dekuyper Creme de Menthe or Peppermint Schnapps and Rumchata. If you can’t find the Red Velvet pudding just use vanilla and add some red food coloring. I created the Toffee Pudding Shots based on the candy I make every year for Christmas and am selling on my Facebook store. Unfortunately, I can only sale in Ohio this year.
All Jello pudding shots are simple to make and only takes about an hour or two to set up in the freezer. I serve mine frozen, but you could also serve them chilled. I could not find the clear 1 oz cups with lids this year at Gordon Food Service (GFS), so I had to move up to the opaque 2 oz size. I would rather have the clear but that is just for the blog pictures.
The little spoons are not necessary because you could just squeeze the shot out of the cup and finish it off with your tongue. I guess it depends on how sophisticated your crowd is at your party. The later in the evening the less important the spoons become anyway.
- 1 3 1/2 ounce package instant Red Velvet pudding mix
- 1 3 1/2 ounce package instant White Chocolate pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk, divided
- 3/4 cup Rumchata or spiced rum
- 1/2 cup Crème de menthe or peppermint schnapps
- 16 ounces Cool Whip plus more for topping, divided
- Chopped candy canes for garnish
- In a small bowl, mix red velvet pudding, 3/4 cup milk, and Rumchata until well blended.
- In another small bowl, mix white chocolate pudding, remaining milk and Crème de menthe until well blended.
- Place pudding mixes into the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Fold in 1/2 of whipped topping into each pudding mixture until blended.
- Divide red velvet pudding mixture into individual 1.5-ounce cups.
- Top equally with white chocolate mint pudding mixture. I use a pastry bag to pipe in the pudding.
- Top with a sprinkle of finely chopped crushed candy canes and cover with lids.
- Store in freezer.
First published by Quinn Caudill for dadwhats4dinner.com © 2016
I will be bringing my Candy Cane Pudding Shots recipe to Freedom Fridays, Friday Favorites, Fiesta Friday, Weekend Potluck, What’s Cooking Wednesdays. Checkout my Link Parties page for other great places to find new recipes.
You might also like my;