When I was a kid a longggg time ago, I remember watching the commercials for monster themed cereal and begging my mom to buy them. I think General Mills started selling them in the early 70’s. Back then I didn’t realize there were three cereals that were released during the fall to coincide with Halloween. I remember the commercials for Count Chocula®. Boo Berry® and Franken Berry® as part of the fun monster themed cereals.
When I saw the monster cereals from General Mills at Target I decided to purchase all three and create a spooky sweet treat for my kids to enjoy a blast from my past. The cereals were displayed on the end cap of the cereal aisle so they were very easy to find.
I made this simple sweet snack using only 3 ingredients. I picked up a big bag of melting chocolate and a container of candy googly eyes. Those googly eyes are so cool and can be found in the cake decorating section. From start to finish, the Spooky Monster Bark only takes about an hour. Your kids will have so much fun helping you make this easy sweet treat.
Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper. In a microwave safe dish, melt the chocolate for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted. Working quickly, spread the melted chocolate onto prepared pan. Sprinkle with cereal and gently press cereal into the chocolate. Randomly place the candy googly eyes into the chocolate. Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Break into bite size pieces. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Carve out some time to pick up your limited edition monster cereals, while supplies last. – Click here to learn more.
- 16 oz White choclate bark
- 1 1/2 cups General Mills Monster Cereal of your choice
- 1/4 cup candy googly eyes
- Line a 13*9 baking pan with wax or parchment paper. Let paper overhang the edges.
- Measure out cereal and candy googly eyes.
- Put melting chocolate in a microwave safe dish.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes or until melted, stirring every 30 seconds
- Spread melted chocolate evenly in prepared pan about a 1/4 inch thick.
- Quickly sprinkle Monster Cereal over chocloate and lightly press into chocolate.
- Randomly place candy googly eyes on bark.
- Chill in referagtor for 1 hour before breaking into 2 inch piueces.
Total time includes 1 hour of chill time in the refrigerator.
Have you found monster cereals in your area this season? Let me know if you are a fellow monster hunter and what is your favorite memory of General Mills Monster Cereals from your childhood.
Be sure to check out all the great cereals at General Mills.