Where has the summer gone? I feel like I haven’t blogged in a year. Maybe a slight over-exaggeration, but I didn’t stay up with my blogging duties in since cover started. I guess everyone needs a break.
I have been busy with the kids, vacation and teaching my daughter to drive. I love the kids being home, in the summer, but I am ready for them to go hopefully go back in a few weeks. Not sure they are ready!!
Reminds me of the Staples commercial where the guy is skipping down the aisle singing the Christmas song “It’s the most wonderful time of the year”. I can’t believe I will have a senior in high-school, a freshmen and my baby is now in middle-school. No more kids in elementary school.
Since it’s summer and it is hot, hot, hot, here in Ohio its time to make some ice cream. My White Chocolate Habanero No-Churn Ice Cream was first posted over at my friend Michelle’s blog A Dish of Daily Life as part of her creative team.
White Chocolate Habanero No-Churn Ice Cream
So, it is summer time and that means ice-cream especially when it is homemade. Well, I am not a big sweet person so when I make ice cream I like to add a little heat to my recipe. Hold on, I know what you are saying; Habanero Ice Cream are you kidding me.
It starts with the cool and creamy white chocolate ice cream and then as you swallow the oh so sweet treat you get this nice little bit of burn from the Habanero.
Not hot, not overbearing, just enough heat to make you say hmm, where did that flavor explosion come from.
I have made homemade ice cream many times using my little electric slow churn ice cream maker, but this is my first time making no-churn.
Wow! It is so easy and tastes great. So simple and versatile you can make any flavor your little ice cream heart desires.
But if you are like me, you will grab a Habanero and make my White Chocolate Habanero No-Churn Ice Cream very soon.
What is your favorite ice-cream flavor?
- 1 habanero, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, chopped
- In a small pan, combine habanero and sugar over medium heat stirring often until sugar starts to melt.
- Whisk in sweetened condensed milk and bring to a simmer stirring constantly until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool and milk steep in the habanero.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form.
- With mixer on low speed, whisk in milk habanero mixture.
- Fold in white chocolate chips.
- Pour into a loaf pan and freeze until set. 2-4 hours.
By Quinn Caudill for DadWhats4Dinner.com © 2016
Total time does not include 2-4 hours freezer time.
If you like my White Chocolate Habanero No-Churn Ice Cream, you’re sure to love some of my other spicy recipes: