Here is a great use of an actual pumpkin pie. I know just eating the pie is the best use but hey this is a great simple twist. This recipe might get the few weird people who don’t like pumpkin pie to start enjoying what I think is the best pie ever. I made two pies for this recipe and I was barely able to save a half of one pie for the dip. My family loves pumpkin pie1!!To make my Pumpkin Pie Dip it is a simple as using a half pumpkin pie, including the crust, and placing it in a mixing bowl. Mix to combine and add a tub of cool whip. Melt a 1/3 cup of NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Pumpkin Spice Morsels and slowly pour in to pie mix while mixer is running.
If you do not have Nestle pumpkin spice morsels use white chocolate chips and a 1/2 tsp of pumpkin spice. Mix on medium high for about 1 minute until dip is fluffy. Chill for 1 hour before serving. Serve with ginger snaps, graham cracker stix or graham crackers. Perfect for Thanksgiving.
- 1/2 of a fully cooked pumpkin pie. I made my own or you can purchase one from your local baker.
- 8 oz container of Cool Whip
- 1/3 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Pumpkin Spice Morsels. (Substitute 1/3 cup white chocolate chips and 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice.
- Graham cracker stix for dipping.
- Place half of pumpkin pie into mixing bowl.
- Mix on medium low until crust and pie are combined
- Add cool whip
- Melt chocolate and slowly pour into pie mix while mixer is running,
- Mix on medium high until dip is fluffy and combined
- Chill for 1 hour before serving
Total time does not include baking time if you make the pie yourself.
[ctt title=”Pumpkin Pie Dip perfect for #Thanksgiving #recipes @coolwhip” tweet=”Pumpkin Pie Dip perfect for #Thanksgiving #recipes @coolwhip http://ctt.ec/bOR99+” coverup=”bOR99″]
Bring your recipes and DIY projects to Throwback Thursday’s every Thursday at 7:00pm est.!
I will be bringing my Pumpkin Pie Dip recipe to Freedom Fridays, Friday Favorites, Fiesta Friday, Weekend Potluck, What’s Cooking Wednesdays. Checkout my Link Parties page for other great places to find new recipes.
You might also like my
“Quinn is the author, photographer and recipe designer over at DadWhats4Dinner. He enjoys cooking for family and friends and being creative in the kitchen. He makes ordinary everyday food extraordinary. He lives just north of Cincinnati with his wife of 24 years, three kids and three cats. His kids have well-developed palates and his youngest daughter is now working with him on the blog creating recipes for her own page “Cooking with Ella“. Follow him on: Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram.”