This Mexican Black Bean Dip is my all time favorite goto party appetizer. Quick and simple dish that everyone will love, A Fiesta for your mouth!
This is an awesome simple appetizer dip that will wow your friends. I am a little embarrassed how easy this is, but adults and kids absolutely love it. If you are on the west coast and still need an idea for tonight’s party, this is it.
Serve Mexican Black Bean Dip warm with tortilla chips.
Pin ItEnjoy your Cinco de Mayo Fiesta!
- 1 (20.5 oz) can of refried black beans, I used La Costena brand
- 1 (10 oz) can of Ro*Tel mild or regular diced tomatoes with green chillies: drained
- 2/3 cup Quesco Fresco cheese crumbled: divided
- 2/3 cup Colby Jack cheese: divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Tortilla Chips
- Empty beans into a microwave safe dish. Microwave on high for 1 minute
- Drain can of Ro*Tel
- Stir bean mixture and add Ro*Tel
- Heat in microwave on high for 1 minute
- Stir and add 1/2 of both cheese (1/3 cup)
- Stir and microwave on high for 1 minute or until cheese is melted
- Remove and stir
- Top with green onion, cilantro and remaining cheese
First published by Quinn Caudill for DadWhats4Dinner.com ©2013
I will be bringing my Mexican Black Bean Dip to Freedom Fridays, Friday Favorites, Fiesta Friday, Weekend Potluck, What’s Cooking Wednesdays. Checkout my Link Parties page for other great places to find new recipes.
You might also like my: