Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps are for when you want the great taste of buffalo wings but not all the extra calories. Since the chicken is cooked in the Instant Pot it is fast, healthy, and full of flavor.
This year I have finally jumped on the Instant Pot bandwagon. I am not sure what took me so long. What an idiot, the Instant Pot is AWESOME. I bought one for myself after Christmas and I think I have cooked at least 20 different dishes in it so far, with spectacular results.
From chili, rice, black bean soup, cheesecake and this fabulous Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps. I posted my Instant Pot Cuban Sliders a few weeks ago and as I tweak my recipes there will be plenty more posts in the future. All I can say is go get yourself an Instant Pot and NO I am not being paid!
So since it’s the new year we are all trying to eat healthier and work out. I say this every year, but so far I am keeping it up. We love Franks buffalo anything in this house, but not everyone loves chicken wings. I have made buffalo sliders, cheese ball and Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla in the past but with how good the Instant Pot makes chicken I decided to give it try with this recipe.
When you cook chicken breast in the IP it turns out moist and juicy. Now I am a pretty good cook, but I still have problems getting chicken breast to turn out great in my slow cooker. The IP does not have this problem.
My Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps is so simple to make that it is perfect for weeknights or the Big Game. Throw the chicken in IP with some onions, celery, chicken broth and the Franks. Seal and push the poultry button. The chicken is done in 12 minutes. Allow to manually release the pressure for 5 minutes then quick release.
Remove the chicken and reserve 1/2 cup of liquid. Discard the remaining liquid and shred the chicken. Return chicken to IP and add more Franks Buffalo sauce to taste. Place chicken on lettuce leaves, top with carrots, celery, buffalo sauce, ranch or blue cheese dressing, and shredded cheese.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups fat free low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce, I used Frank’s, to taste, divided
- 6 large lettuce leaves, Bibb or Romaine
- 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 large celery stalks, diced
- Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing
- Mild Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Combine chicken, onions, celery, garlic, broth and 1/2 cup Franks buffalo wing sauce (enough to cover your chicken) in the Instant Pot. Cover and cook high pressure 12 minutes. Natural release for 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from pot, reserve 1/2 cup broth and discard the rest. Shred the chicken with two forks, return to the pot with the reserved broth and the remaining buffalo wing sauce; stir to combine. Makes 3 cups chicken.
To assemble lettuce wraps, place 1/2 cup buffalo chicken in each leaf, top with shredded carrots, celery, dressing of your choice and cheese. Enjoy!
-First published by Quinn Caudill for dadwhats4dinner.com ©2018
What is your favorite Instant Pot recipe?