Crock Pot Buffalo BBQ Chicken Sliders with Ranch Slaw is a sweet and spicy sandwich your family will love. Great for parties or an easy dinner.
There are many versions of Buffalo Chicken Sliders on the internet. My version is made in the crock pot using bone-in chicken breasts, Sweet Baby Ray’s Buffalo Wing Sauce and Honey Barbecue Sauce. I add the barbecue sauce because when I make wings my kids like a mix of buffalo and barbecue, instead of the heat of straight buffalo.
My recipe is a little sweet with just the right amount of heat. If you want to spice it up, just splash more hot sauce on your individual sliders. This recipe would be perfect for a cold Saturday watching March Madness basketball with friends. The ranch slaw adds a nice tang to the slider. Easy to make and kid friendly. If buffalo sauce is not favorite try Beer Braised Shredded Beef Sliders or my famous Homemade Hamburger Sliders.
Lightly coat crock pot with cooking spray. Place chicken breasts in crock pot, coat with ranch dressing. Cover with buffalo and bbq sauce. Cover, and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours. As chicken cooks make the Ranch slaw. Once the chicken has cooked, remove the breast to cutting board. Remove bones and roughly shred the meat with two forks.
Return chicken to crock pot, add the butter and stir. Keep chicken warm.
Turn on broiler and place rack in upper third of the oven. Place buns split side up. Lightly toast buns for 2-4 minutes. Top buns with 2 tablespoon chicken and 1 tablespoon of slaw.
Leftovers make great wraps the next day. Sprinkle flour tortillas with cheddar cheese. Top with chicken and slaw.
Follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Twitter – Google + – Instagram
- 4 skinless, bone-in chicken breast or skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce such as Sweet Baby Ray's Buffalo Wing Sauce. More if you like it spicy.
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 package dry ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 24 Slider buns or split dinner rolls
- Ranch Slaw
Lightly coat crock pot with cooking spray and chicken breasts.
Coat with ranch dressing. Cover with buffalo and bbq sauce. Cover, and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
As chicken cooks make the Ranch slaw. (See recipe below)
- Once the chicken has cooked, remove the breast to cutting board. Remove bones and roughly shred the meat with two forks.
- Return chicken to crock pot, add the butter and stir. Keep chicken warm.
- Turn on broiler and place rack in upper third of oven. Place buns, split side up. Lightly toast buns for 2-4 minutes.
Top buns with 2 tablespoon chicken and 1 tablespoon of Ranch Slaw.
First published by Quinn Caudill for DadWhats4Dinner.com ©2015
- 1 head cabbage
- 3 stalks celery
- 1/2 cup carrots
- 2/3 cup low-fat ranch dressing
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Clean and shred cabbage, celery and carrots in food processor or cheese grater. To simplify the recipe you can use a pre-packaged slaw mix from the grocery. Add next four ingredients and stir to combine.
- Adjust dressing and seasoning to taste. Cover and chill for at least and hour. Serve on top of sliders.
I will be bringing my Crock Pot Buffalo BBQ Chicken Sliders to Freedom Fridays, Friday Favorites, Fiesta Friday, Weekend Potluck, What’s Cooking Wednesdays. Checkout my Link Parties page for other great places to find new recipes.
You might also like my;
Beer Braised Shredded Beef Sliders
[…] Crock Pot Buffalo BBQ Chicken Sliders […]
[…] Crock Pot Buffalo BBQ Chicken Sliders with Ranch Slaw […]
[…] buffalo anything in this house, but not everyone loves chicken wings. I have made buffalo sliders, cheese ball and Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla in the past but with how good the Instant Pot makes […]