Bubbly Baked Tater Tot Popper Dip is a mash-up of two of my favorites, tater tots, and jalapeno popper dip. Perfect for tailgating or family game night.
With the holidays over, it’s time to concentrate on the next major holiday. No, not Valentine’s Day, I mean The Big Football Game early in February.
More families have big game parties than any other TV event all year. More TVs are sold during the weeks leading up to the game and the poor chickens don’t have a chance with all those chicken wings being consumed.
In my family, we are huge fans of tailgating food. We love dips, sliders and cheese balls. Ask anyone these days and most will tell you the food is the highlight of any game day party.
My Bubbly Baked Tater Tot Popper Dip is oozing with warm gooey cheesy potatoes with a nice little kick. Think of it as cheesy fries topped with jalapenos in a single hot bubbly dish. Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy some warm goodness.
What are your Big Game plans?
Follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Twitter – Instagram
- 2 cups tater tots thawed and halved or roughly chopped, (about 30)
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup sliced jalapeños, diced (pickled jalapenos from a jar)
- 2 cups Cheddar Jack or Sharp Cheddar, divided
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled, divided
- salt and pepper
- 4 green onions sliced thin
Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a large bowl, combine tater tots, cream cheese, sour cream. jalapenos, 1 cup cheese, 1/4 cup bacon, salt, and pepper.
- Spread dip into a 9-inch pie pan. Top with remaining 1 cup of cheese, bacon, and green onions.
- Bake for 30 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.
-First published by Quinn Caudill for DadWhats4Dinner.com ©2018
[…] via Bubbly Baked Tater Tot Popper Dip — Dad Whats 4 Dinner […]