It finally feels like summer here in southwest Ohio. It has been rainy and cool for most of June and July, but this weekend the temps will be in the mid 90°s. When it gets hot, I like to take it easy in the kitchen. I still try to have a good meal ready for the family to eat. This is really a post for the Avocado Ranch Slaw because the Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla filling recipe is so easy. I decided to make this into a quesadilla, but if you don’t want to heat up the kitchen at all, you can must make this a wrap. I love this slaw with it wonderful fresh flavors and the ranch and avocado just compliment the spicy buffalo chicken. Quick easy and very yummy.
I hope you like the new design of dadwhats4dinner.com. I plan on bringing you many new features and great recipes.
Servings: 4 large quesadillas, 8 slices each
Total Time: 25 min
- 1 rotisserie chicken, de-boned and shredded
- 1/2 to 1 cup Franks Buffalo Wings Sauce to taste
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped and divided
- 2/3 cup ranch dressing (I used low-fat)
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 (16oz) package shredded slaw mix
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 large flour tortillas
- In a large bowl, mash avocado, lemon juice and 1/2 cup cilantro. Add ranch dressing and stir to combine. Stir in cucumber, and cabbage slaw until well coated with dressing. Salt and pepper to taste. Chill for 1 hour before serving.
- While slaw is chilling, combine shredded chicken and Franks Buffalo Wings sauce, set aside.
- To make quesadillas heat griddle or large pan to medium high. Grease griddle with butter or cooking spray. I used my Cuisinart Griddler to make these quesadilla which eliminates the need to flip them over.
- Lay out 4 tortillas and sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese between all four. Divide chicken evenly between tortillas and top with slaw. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup cilantro and cheese. Top with remaining 4 tortillas.
- Grill each quesadilla 5-8 minutes until cheese is bubbly and golden brown. If using pan, flip quesadillas half way.
- Cut each quesadilla into 8 slice and serve with ranch dressing.
Keep cool and Enjoy!