My Bacon Wrapped Chicken Fire Sticks is a great grilled appetizer, perfect for summer time entertaining.
This is the fantastic recipe to go along with my Cherry Habanero BBQ Sauce. I was a little long-winded with that post so I will keep this one more focused on the food, instead of my rants. Check it out, it’s a good read and you will learn how to make an awesome sauce.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Fire Sticks Glazed in a Cherry Habanero BBQ Sauce is very easy to make and would be a great dish for the 4th of July.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Fire Sticks
Mix seasonings together and place in a 1-gallon zip lock bag. Throw in the chicken tenderloin’s and shake well to coat. Let chicken marinate in the fridge for a few hours to soak up all that goodness. Clean and preheat a grill to medium. Wrap each chicken tenders with bacon and carefully skewer chicken and bacon “shish kabob” style. (make sure bacon is also skewered)
Grill chicken, turning frequently and basting often with Cherry Habanero BBQ Sauce until cooked through about 10 to 15 minutes. Make sure you do not overcook or the chicken will dry out. Serve with fresh cherries and my Cherry Habanero BBQ Sauce.
Follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Twitter – Google + – Instagram
- 2 tsp. ancho chile powder
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds packages chicken tenders, about 3
- 12 - 16 ounces bacon slices, cut in half
- In a bowl, blend together chile powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper.
Place seasoning blend into 1-gallon zip-lock bag.
- Add chicken tenderloin's and shake well to coat.
- Let chicken marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Pre-heat grill to medium heat.
- Clean and oil the grill grate to keep the chicken from sticking.
- Wrap each chicken tender with bacon.
- Carefully skewer chicken and bacon "shish kabob" style. (make sure bacon is also skewered)
- Grill chicken, turning frequently, basting often with Cherry Habanero BBQ Sauce, until cooked through, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Do not over cook.
- Serve with fresh cherries and Cherry Habanero BBQ Sauce
First published by Quinn Caudill for DadWhats4Dinner.com ©2016
I also will be bringing my Bacon Wrapped Chicken Fire Sticks to Freedom Fridays, Fiesta Friday, and Weekend Potluck, Checkout my Link Parties Page for other great places to find new recipes.
Check out some of my other summer favorites:
Red, White, and Blue Oreo Truffles
Ultimate Cheeseburger and Grill Cleaning Guide
Oooh, yum! We will have to give these a try. We love a little spice and having new ways to flavor grilled chicken.
Julie is Hostess At Heart says
These are gorgeous Quinn and sound amazing! Hope you’re having a great 4th weekend!
I want to put these on the bbq now, if only the weather was kinder – rainy in Manchester, UK:( Great recipe! Happy FF:)
Such a perfect party food! Thanks for sharing at Fiesta Friday party!
Yum! These look so great! Sharing on social media this week! Thank you for sharing on Merry Monday! Hope to see ya next week!
Oh gosh, Quinn! I am absolutely drooling here! I cannot say enough about how good this looks and sounds. Plus I love the cherry/chipotle combo. I do some chicken tacos that have some of these flavors, but then the bacon. I mean, c’mon, it’s almost unfair of you to post this. And cause too many cravings.
Quinn Caudill says
Ha Ha! Thanks Mollie!
These look amazing! Thanks for sharing it on Merry Monday. I’ll be featuring your recipe in a grilled chicken recipe round-up.
Quinn Caudill says
Thanks Erlene, I appreciate the share live and I will check out the round-up.
Smiling Notes says
This looks so amazing!! My hubby is a huge bacon fan and I’m sure he’ll love this dish 🙂