Okay so if you don’t know what Goetta is, you don’t know what you are missing. Well I am here to educate you on this wonderful regional breakfast treat which I have turned into an appetizer. A few weeks back I posted Slow Cooker Overnight Goetta as part of my 52 weeks of slow cooker meals. Goetta is simple to make and freezes so well you will be making batches of this every month. I bet you can probably come up with other uses for goetta. Well, I have, so here is my recipe for Goetta Sliders that I promised a few weeks back. Perfect for game-day or morning tailgating. Throw on a fried egg and you are in business. This recipe is based on my post for Homemade Hamburger Sliders. You can use my recipe for Slow Cooker Overnight Goetta, just keep it in bulk form, or you can buy Goetta in bulk form like sausage.
Don’t miss my 10 favorite appetizer posts below the recipe.
- 2 tbsp . minced dehydrated onions
- 3 lbs . Bulk Goetta See my recipe for Slow Cooker Overnight Goetta
- 2 tsp . seasoning salt
- 8 slices American cheese. I use Boars Head low sodium white American from Krogers
- 24 slider buns or split dinner rolls
- Pickles and other condiments to serve
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Spread onions evenly on a large cookie sheet or half sheet pan.
- Place bulk goetta on top of onions.
- Spread and press down meat to evenly cover onions. This can be prepared ahead of time.
- Cover with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
- Cook sliders in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Meat will shrink up.
- Remove sliders from oven and drain excess grease.
- Top goetta with cheese.
- Place sliders in oven until cheese melts.
- Cut meat into 24 squares.
- Place meat on buns and serve immediately.
Here is 10 Great Appetizer Recipe you can make right now for your next party!
If you like what you see, please sign up to receive all my new recipes via email. I will never sell your information and I will not spam your inbox. I usually send out a newsletter once a week.
I also will be bringing Goetta Sliders to Freedom Fridays, Friday Favorites, Fiesta Friday, Weekend Potluck, What’s Cooking Wednesdays. Checkout my Link Parties Page for other great places to find new recipes.
Click here to pin for later: