Citrus flavored Slow Cooker Cuban Style Chicken Wings brings you the taste of Islands with just enough heat and then grilled to perfection!
In the spirit of Miami, I created my Slow Cooker Cuban Style Chicken Wings. Using the slow cooker to make these wings will cause you one less headache on game day and more time to enjoy watching your favorite team win.
Method to make Slow Cooker Cuban Style Chicken Wings:
You will not get a headache when you make these super easy wings. Mix all marinade ingredients together. Throw the wings in the slow cooker.
Pour the mojo marinade over the wings and coat completely. Cook on high for two hours. Baste the wings and cook on low for another three hours.
- 4 lbs chicken wings frozen
- 1 1/2 cups fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1/3 cup oil
- 10 cloves garlic minced
- 2 jalapeños minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup hot sauce
- Combine all ingredients, besides the wings, in a medium bowl and whisk until salt is dissolved.
- Place chicken wings in crock pot.
- Pour mojo sauce over wings and shack to coat evenly.
- Cook on high for 2 hours.
- Spoon sauce over wings to re-coat.
- Cook on low for 3 hours.
- Prepare your grill for medium high heat.
- Grill wings for 4 minutes per side to crisp up the wings.
First published by Quinn Caudill for dadwhats4dinner.com © 2016. Updated © 2019.
I will be bringing my Slow Cooker Cuban Style Chicken Wings to Freedom Fridays, Friday Favorites, Fiesta Friday, Weekend Potluck, What’s Cooking Wednesdays. Checkout my Link Parties page for other great places to find new recipes.