“This post for Easy Mediterranean Chicken Pasta is sponsored by Cooked Perfect®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.”
Like all families, we are getting back into the normal routine after the holidays. I love the holidays but I am glad when they are over and life gets back to normal. So with that in mind, I am striving to bring you more family friendly weeknight meals that can be on the table in about 30 minutes.
I am always looking for new ways to speed up dinner and make life easier using quality products. I found these new Classic Style Fire Grilled Tenders from Cooked Perfect® in my local Kroger’s freezer. Typically, I am not a big fan of pre-cooked chicken, but these come in a variety of unique flavors with no breading.The fully cooked chicken is marinated, fire grilled and flash frozen. They can be heated in the microwave but I like mine heated in the oven. I use the Cooked Perfect Classic Style Fire Grilled Tenders to make my Easy Mediterranean Chicken Pasta, but the Lemon Herb Tenders or Classic Boneless Thighs would work well for this recipe too.This quick and healthy recipe combines the flavor of fire grilled chicken with artichoke hearts, olives and tomatoes in a light cream sauce. Serve over some fresh hot pasta with a side salad and you have a complete and healthy meal on the table in about 30 minutes.
Method to make Easy Mediterranean Chicken Pasta:
Heat Cooked Perfect® Classic Style Fire Grilled Tenders according to package directions. Takes about 18-20 minutes in the oven. Drain artichoke hearts, reserving 1/3 cup marinade; set aside. While chicken heats, heat oil in a large skillet, over medium-high heat; add the onion and garlic. Cook and stir until onions are translucent then add the reserved artichoke marinade, broth, wine, lemon juice and dried oregano.
Bring this to a boil then reduce heat. Stir in heavy cream. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes until thickened, stirring often. Stir in chopped artichokes, tomatoes and olives. Add chicken and remove from heat. Add mozzarella and stir until cheese melts. To serve, spoon chicken mixture over pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 1 (20 oz) package Cooked Perfect® Classic Style Fire Grilled Tenders, heated according to package directions then chopped
- 1 6 oz jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 dry white wine
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, crumbled (Optional Feta cheese)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups hot cooked linguine
- Heat Cooked Perfect® Classic Style Fire Grilled Tenders according to package directions.
- Drain artichoke hearts, reserving 1/3 cup marinade; set aside.
- While chicken cooks heat oil in a large skillet, over medium-high heat; add onion and garlic.
- Cook and stir until onions are translucent.
- Add the reserved artichoke marinade, broth, wine, lemon juice and dried oregano.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Stir in heavy cream.
- Simmer, covered, 10 minutes until thickened, stirring often.
- Stir in chopped artichokes, tomatoes and olives.
- Add chicken and remove from heat.
- Add mozzarella and stir until cheese melts
- To serve, spoon chicken mixture over pasta. If desired, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
First published by Quinn Caudill for DadWhats4Dinner.com ©2017
For a limited time Cooked Perfect® is giving you a coupon to give their Premium Fire Grilled Chicken a try. Click here to get your $2.00 off coupon through 2/23/17.
I will be bringing my Easy Mediterranean Chicken Pasta recipe to Freedom Fridays, Friday Favorites, Fiesta Friday, Weekend Potluck, What’s Cooking Wednesdays. Checkout my Link Parties page for other great places to find new recipes.
You might also like my;