My Slow Cooker Mexican Hamburgers with Enchilada French Dip is the perfect family friendly Cinco de Mayo dinner. This is the 15th recipe in my yearlong series “52 weeks of slow cooker meals” make sure you check out all my easy slow cooker meals at my Crock Pot Recipe page.
Yes, you heard me right, hamburgers made in the slow cooker. I know what you are thinking, how do you make a hamburger in the slow cooker and like my wife asked WHY!. Well when you taste my Slow Cooker Mexican Hamburgers you will understand. I was looking for a Salisbury steak recipe, but with Cinco De Mayo coming up, I decided to see if I could actually make a good hamburger in the slow cooker. Let me tell you it does work and it produces and extremely tender and juicy burger. Everyone loves hamburgers but everyone doesn’t own a grill.
To make my Slow Cooker Mexican Hamburgers with Enchilada French Dip I first made individual shaped patties, kinda of like little meatloaf. (I used Bolillo rolls for my buns. You can use regular hamburger buns but I like the look and taste of these rolls). Place 3 lbs of lean ground beef, in a large bowl Add in 2 eggs, bread crumbs, green chilies, and seasonings. Mix all together, but do not over-mix. Form eight (8) ounce patties.
Heat oil in a large pot. Sear each patty, a few minutes per side, until they have a nice crust. Pour 1 cup of green enchilada sauce in the bottom of slow cooker. Place hamburger patties in a single layer, over sauce, overlapping as needed. Place sliced onions and another cup of enchilada sauce on top of patties.
Cook on low for 5 hours. When ready to serve slice, rolls in half. Heat oven to broil. Lightly butter cut sides of buns and toast for 2-3 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside top half of roll. Place shredded lettuce on bottom roll. Spread guacamole on cut side of top half.
Spoon fresh salsa or pico de gallo on top of cheese. Add fresh avocado slices and top with roll. Serve Slow Cooker Mexican Hamburgers with enchilada cooking sauce for dipping.
If you like what you see, please sign up to receive all my new recipes via email. I will never sell your information and I will not spam your inbox. I usually send out a newsletter once a week.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 lbs . lean ground meat
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1 diced green chilies 4oz can
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tbsp . ground cumin
- 1 tbsp . ancho chili powder
- 1 tbsp . dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cups green enchilada sauce divided
- 1 onion sliced
- 16 slices of pepper-jack cheesed or cheese of your choice
- Salsa or pico de gallo optional
- 1 cup guacamole optional
- 1 avocado sliced (optional)
- 8 Bolillo rolls or hamburger buns
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Place 3 pounds of lean ground beef, in a large bowl.
- Add 2 eggs, and next 9 ingredients through pepper.
- Mix all together, but do not over mix.
- Form eight (8) ounce patties.
- In batches, brown patties on medium-high heat for about 2 - 3 minutes on each side.
- Pour 1 cup in bottom of slow cooker.
- Gently place hamburger patties in a single layer in bottom of slow cooker, overlapping as needed. Place sliced onions and another cup of enchilada sauce on top of patties.
- Cook on lowe for 5 hours.
- When ready to serve slice rolls in half.
- Heat oven to broil.
- Lightly butter cut sides of buns and toast for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside top roll.
- Place shredded lettuce on bottom roll.
- Spread guacamole on cut side of top roll.
- Top lettuce with 1 patty, cooked onions and some sauce.
- Layer with pepper-jack cheese slices and place under broiler for another two minutes until cheese has melted.
- Spoon fresh salsa or pico de gallo on top of cheese.
- Add fresh avocado slices and top with roll.
I also will be bringing my Slow Cooker Mexican Hamburgers to Freedom Fridays, Friday Favorites, Fiesta Friday, Weekend Potluck, What’s Cooking Wednesdays. Checkout my Link Parties Page for other great places to find new recipes.
Check some of my other awesome crock pot recipes:
p style=”text-align: center;”>