Are you ready to get your green on with my Irish Bread Pudding? But wait, it gets even better because it is made in your crock pot. Served with an Irish Whiskey Hard Sauce it makes for a wonderful combination.
This is the 9th recipe in my yearlong series “26 weeks of slow cooker meals”
I am always looking for different recipes to make in the crock pot. Breakfast, dessert and appetizers that can easily be prepared. This is the first dessert I have posted and what a dish it is. This recipe comes together quickly and only needs to cook for 3 hours on low. The best part, if you are bringing this to a party, just keep it in the crock pot on warm and either drizzle the Irish whiskey sauce over the top or have it on the side. I brought this to our card group last weekend and this technique worked great. I took 4oz. styrofoam cups to serve and just poured the Irish Whiskey Hard Sauce over the top. The group loved having my Crock Pot Irish Bread Pudding as a nice warm dessert. It went faster than the appetizers. I think that is a good sign. I was planning on having some leftovers so I could take my final pictures the next day. No such luck, so I had to make another batch. What a shame!!!!
Cooking Method for Crock Pot Irish Bread Pudding with Irish Whiskey Hard Sauce:
So simple to make. Grab a baguette from the grocery. Slice it in half and brush with a little melted butter. Toast for about ten minutes. Cute the bread into small cubes and place into a greased crock pot. Mix the raisins with the Irish Whiskey and let set to soak for ten minutes. (NOTE: If you do not have Irish whiskey you can substitute Canadian whiskey, brandy or cognac.)
Whisk together the milk’s, vanilla, sugar and eggs. Add whiskey raisins to crock pot. Pour milk mixture over bread and stir well to combine. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mix. Cook on low for 3 hours. Serve the Crock Pot Irish Bread Pudding with the Irish Whiskey Sauce.
I hope this recipe gives you the Luck of the Irish.
Click here to pin for later:
I also will be bringing Irish Bread Pudding to Freedom Fridays, Friday Favorites, Fiesta Friday, Weekend Potluck, What’s Cooking Wednesdays. Checkout my Link Parties Page for other great places to find new recipes.
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 (16-oz) French bread baguette
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup Irish whiskey
- 1 3/4 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 (12-oz) can evaporated 2% milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 8 Tbsp. confectioners' sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Irish whiskey
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray crock pot with cooking spray.
- Brush melted butter on cut side of French bread slices. Place bread, buttered sides up, on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Cut bread into 1/2 in. cubes, and place in crock pot.
- Combine whiskey and raisins in a small bowl; cover and let stand 10 minutes (do not drain).
- Whisk milk and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Add raisin mixture and pour over bread cubes. Stir to combine.
- Mix 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over pudding.
- Cook on low for 3 hours or until set.
- Cream the butter and sugar together thoroughly.
- Beat in the whiskey, a little at a time, until the mixture is smooth.
Check out my other St Patrick’s Day recipe’s!