Today is my baby girls 11th birthday. I cant believe my little girl is 11. I am getting old. She is having a birthday week instead of just one day. We had an Oscar themed sleepover party last Saturday for 9 screaming girls with lots of candy. They watched a movie out on the new deck under the stars. I was under the gun to finish the deck for the party and I just made it. They had a great time with candy, popcorn and a nacho bar. Today, on her birthday, we will go out to dinner at a local Hibachi grill (Her Favorite) and then come back to our house for a family treat and gifts.
She is not a big cake girl, even though in years past my kids have asked me to make them all sorts of cake creations. I think it is time for a detox….. Happy Birthday Ella. I hope you had a great day. You are a wonderful young lady.
This is a really simple brownie bar to make with a peanut butter fudge layer. If you want the fudge to be more like a frosting use less peanut butter, more marshmallow creme and a little more milk. You can play with fudge recipe to suit your taste and consistency you like. Mine is more like a fudge than a frosting. This is very sweet and one slice is all you need.
I will be bringing this recipe to Freedom Fridays, Friday Favorites, Fiesta Friday, Weekend Potluck, What’s Cookin Wednesdays and checkout my Link Parties Page for other great places to find new recipes.
- 1 box Ghirardelli brownie mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Snickers bars chopped
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp Rodelle Vanilla Extract
- 5-6 Cups Reese's Peanut Butter chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F.
- Lightly grease a 9*9 or a 9*11 sheet pan
- Place brownie mix in a large mixing bowl.
- In another small bowl whisk together egg, water and oil.
- Add wet ingredients to brownie mix. Blend on low until just combined.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool completely
- Add peanut butter and marshmallow cream to mixing bowl. Beat on high until blended and smooth.
- Slowly add powdered sugar mixing on low.
- Add milk and vanilla, blend until smooth.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before cutting.
I would love to hear what you think so please leave a comment below. I respond to every suggestion.