Your family will love my Slow Cooker Ground Turkey Asian Lettuce Wraps. Slow cooked turkey with Asian inspired spices is sure to please!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ReadySetServe #CollectiveBias
School has started and I am back to using my slow cooker two or three times a week. This means I will be bringing you more simple and tasty slow cooker recipes to keep your family happy during those busy weeknights with sports, band, homework and the occasional times when the wife is out-of-town or working late and Dad is in charge of dinner.
Don’t be the dad who orders pizza or gets take-out to feed the kids. I will show you how to make better than take-out food that will be ready in minutes, with the help slow cooker and Minute® Ready to Serve Rice.
I was at Meijer’s the other day picking up groceries for the week. We have a busy week with soccer so I was planning on making these Slow Cooker Ground Turkey Asian Lettuce Wraps along with my Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie. This will take care of 3 nights of cooking with one night for leftovers. I was in the rice aisle and noticed these new Minute Ready to Serve rice in single serve cups. The rice is fully cooked and perfect to eat plain or as an add-in or side to any of your recipes. Minute Ready to Serve rice is available in many varieties including: Whole Grain options of Brown Rice, Brown & Wild Rice, Multi-Grain Medley, and all new Rice Brown & Quinoa, all new Basmati Rice, Jasmine Rice, White Rice and flavorful mixes including several gluten-free varieties, too.
I grabbed a package of the Basmati Rice because it would be a perfect mix-in for the Slow Cooker Ground Turkey Asian Lettuce Wraps, especially since they heat up in the microwave in 60 seconds.
Slow Cooker Ground Turkey Asian Lettuce Wraps
To make, place ground turkey, garlic and 1/2 cup hoisin sauce into a large slow cooker. Cook on low for 2 hours. Stir and add onion, red pepper, 1 cup hoisin sauce, soy sauce and salt and pepper. Cook on low for another 2 hours. Remove the cover from the rice bowls and heat in microwave for 60 seconds. Stir the turkey mixture and add in rice, water chestnuts, remaining hoisin sauce, rice vinegar and sesame oil. Cook for another 30 minutes.
(TIP: If you do not work from home or have young kids who are not old enough to help with cooking yet, this recipe can be made the night before since it only takes about 4 hours and 30 minutes to cook. Slow Cooker Ground Turkey Asian Lettuce Wraps taste better the next day.)
What is your favorite slow cooker recipe?
- 3 lbs ground turkey
- 2 cups hoisin sauce divided</span>
- 5 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 large yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper finely chopped,
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 8 oz can sliced water chestnuts drained
- 2 cups cooked Minute® Ready to Serve Basmati Rice
- 2 Tbsp ice vinegar
- 3 tsp sesame oil
- 4 green onions sliced
- 1 leaves head of romaine lettuce cleaned and separated
- Place ground turkey in 5-7 quart slow cooker with garlic and 1/2 cup hoisin sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 hours.
- Add onion, bell pepper, 1 cup hoisin sauce, soy sauce, and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cover and cook on low for additional 2 hours.
- Stir in remaining hoisin sauce, water chestnuts, cooked Minute® Ready to Serve Basmati Rice, rice vinegar, and sesame oil.
- Cook for additional 30 minutes.
- Serve mixture warm in lettuce wraps and garnished with green onions and crispy wonton noodles.
-First published by Quinn Caudill for dadwhats4dinner.com © 2016
I also will be bringing my Slow Cooker Ground Turkey Asian Lettuce Wraps recipe to Freedom Fridays, Friday Favorites, Fiesta Friday, Weekend Potluck, What’s Cooking Wednesdays. Checkout my Link Parties Page for other great places to find new recipes.
Get more recipes at minuterice.com