Must make Raspberry Ricotta Cheesecake Squares. You will think you are eating a slice of cheesecake made with fresh of the season raspberries.
My neighbor Lindsey dropped off 2 gallons of fresh raspberries last week. What a gift. I have the raspberries in the freezer waiting to be turned into deliciousness. Last week I used some of the raspberries to make Cranchan. This dish was in honor of The Open golf tournament being played in Scotland last week. My latest creation are these wonderful raspberry ricotta cheesecake squares.You will think you are eating a slice of cheesecake. I added key lime extract which pairs great with the tartness of the raspberries. Very easy to make but be sure to allow the squares to cool completely before cutting.
I will be bringing my Raspberry Ricotta Cheesecake Squares recipe to Freedom Fridays, Friday Favorites, Fiesta Friday, Weekend Potluck, What’s Cooking Wednesdays. Checkout my Link Parties page for other great places to find new recipes.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup shortening, softned
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon key lime extract, (Could use lemon or lime, I like the tartness of key lime)
- 2 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups part skim ricotta cheese
- 3 oz low fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon key lime extract
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans Optional
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a 9*11 inch baking dish with parchment paper and grease bottom and sides with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together flour, 3/4 cup of sugar and baking powder. Add shortening and mix until crumbly.
- In separate bowl combine milk, 1 egg, and lemon extract, Slowly add wet mixture to flour mix with mixer running on low speed for 1 minute, then on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and spread evenly. Sprinkle rasberries over the batter.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 2 beaten eggs, ricotta cheese, cream cheese 1/3 cup of sugar, key lime and vanilla extract, until smooth Spoon cheese mixture over the raspberries, and spread evenly. Top with pecans.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven, until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely before cutting into squares and serving.
First published by Quinn Caudill for DadWhats4Dinner.com ©2015
You might also like my: