I first started making these grilled potato packets on camping trips with the family. When we go camping the food is very important of course. I love to cook over the open fire. Successful camping it is all about the preparation before you get on the road. You can add any type of seasoning you wish to these potatoes but I like to use McCormicks Adobo Seasoning. I love this seasoning which is a combination of salt, garlic, oregano and other seasonings.
Super simple to make as a side dish for grilled meats. I serve this with my Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Chimichurri Sauce.
Slice potatoes and clean in cold water. Drain and pat dry.
Arrange potatoes on aluminium foil sprayed with cooking spray.
Season potatoes and top with pats of butter.
- 12-16 medium potatoes sliced thin
- 3 tsp McCormick's Adobo Seasoning
- 2 oz butter sliced into thin pats
- cooking spray
- Slice potatoes and add to large bowl of water. Clean potatoes and drain. Pat dry.
- Lay two sheets of aluminum foil and overlap the edges, spray with cooking spray.
- Arrange potatoes in two layers.
- Season and add butter pats on top of potatoes.
- Fold foil over potatoes and seal completely.
- Prepare grill (medium-high heat).
- Place potato packet on grill and cook until heated through and sizzling, turning occasionally, about 25 minutes.
- Transfer packet to serving plate and pierce foil with fork to release steam.
- Open packet carefully.
[contact-form][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Website’ type=’url’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]