Like most of you, we have a very busy family life. I cook fresh meals 5-6 times a week instead of feeding my family fast food or pizza everyday. This is not to say that we don’t eat fast food or pizza on occasion.
I try to make new variations of recipes most nights of the week. I use the crock pot once or twice a week and also make large quantities of dishes to freeze. I try to make the ordinary extraordinary. It is not usually fancy, just good comfort food that I try to keep as healthy as I can.
Tonight I made a version of pork chops in gravy.
I will be bringing my Pork Chops with White Wine Mushroom Sauce to Freedom Fridays, Friday Favorites, Fiesta Friday, Weekend Potluck, What’s Cooking Wednesdays. Checkout my Link Parties page for other great places to find new recipes.
You might also like my:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- 2 tsp McCormick s Montreal Chicken Grill Mate Seasonings
- 1 tsp McCormick s Garlic and Onion Grill Mate Seasonings or 1/2 tsp each onion and garlic powder.
- 1 1/2 tsp Tony Chacheres Creole Seasoning, (optional)
- 5 1/2 inch center loin pork chops
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup Pacific Organic low sodium chicken broth
- 1 14.5 oz can Campbell's 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken
- 1 cup Polenta, Corn Grits Organic, Polenta, Corn Grits
- 4 cups water
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Johnny's Garlic Bread Seasoning or garlic powder
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in dutch oven or large heavy sauce pan on medium heat. Add onions and mushrooms and saute for 5-6 minutes . Add garlic, salt and pepper to taste and saute for 1-2 minutes. Remove mixture from pan and add seasoned pork chops..
- Sear for 2 minutes on both sides. Brown pork chops in batches if needed, do not overcrowd pan. Remove pork chops from pan
- Add wine and broth. Bring to boil and reduce by half. Add soup and whisk to combine.
- Return mushrooms, onions and chops to pan. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove chops and add cornstarch water mixture if needed to thicken gravy. Return chops and remove from heat. Keep warn until ready to serve.
- Add water, grits, salt, and garlic seasoning to 2 qt microwave safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 6 minutes. Stir and microwave for an additional 6 minutes. Stir in cheese and butter. Microwave for 1 minute to melt cheese if needed.
- Serve with Pillsbury Grands biscuits and frozen peas.
First published by Quinn Caudill for DadWhats4Dinner.com ©2013