Orecchiette Pasta with Chicken Meatballs in a Mushroom Marsala Sauce was originally posted way back in April of 2013 when I wasn’t even really a blogger, just doing it for fun. I will be making this again so I can take some decent pics because these are HORRIBLE. Bad pictures, but it is an awesome recipe.
When I want to decompress, or relax; I cook. Sometimes I drink and cook, but might do my best cooking with this combination. A couple of days ago I picked a box of DeCecco brand Orecchiette (little ears) pasta from Jungle Jim’s. Jungle Jim’s is our local foodie market and is one of the best around. I highly recommend looking it up or stopping by for some great food and ideas.
I decided to make my Orecchiette Pasta with Chicken Meatballs in a Mushroom Marsala Sauce using what I had at the house with a quick stop at Kroger’s. Here is what I came up with and the family loved it! I think you will also.
This dish sounds more difficult than it really is. This dish is fancy enough for a dinner party but also easy enough for a weeknight meal or Sunday dinner.
- 1 lb . ground chicken
- 2 eggs
- ¼ milk 1%
- ¼ panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp . Italian seasonings
- 1 tsp . sea salt
- ½ tsp . black pepper
- ½ tsp . garlic powder
- ½ tsp . onion powder
- ½ cup Parmesan
- 1 lb . Orecchiette pasta
- 4 quarts water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp . butter
- 1 tbsp . olive oil
- 2 oz . prosciutto diced
- 8 oz package sliced mushrooms white or baby bella
- ½ medium yellow onions finely chopped
- 1 tbsp . minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ tsp . crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp . flour
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp . Marsala wine
- 14.5 oz . can of Red Gold Basil oregano and garlic diced tomatoes, drained.
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ¾ cup half and half
- ¼ Parmesan cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven 400°F.
- Mix all ingredients in bowl. Add extra breadcrumbs if needed to get mixture to a thick consistency. Grease 36 mini muffin cups with cooking spray. Wipe off excess.
- Use melon-baler or make into 1 tbsp. round balls, place chicken meatball mixture into muffin pan. Bake for 25 minutes. Freeze extra meatballs.
- Bring water to boil and add salt.
- Add pasta, cook for eight minutes.
- Remove from heat and drain. Set aside.
- In 12” sauce pan, heat butter and oil over medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic, prosciutto, and mushrooms to pan and stir. Saute for 8 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute until thickened.
- Stir in broth, wine, bring to low boil, reduce heat and simmer for 4 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and peas, cook for 4 minutes.
- Stir in cream and reduce heat to medium low.
- Add in 18 meatballs until heated then stir in cheese.
- Serve over pasta,
I also will be bringing Orecchiette Pasta with Chicken Meatballs in a Mushroom Marsala Sauce to Freedom Fridays, Friday Favorites, Fiesta Friday, Weekend Potluck, What’s Cooking Wednesdays. Checkout my Link Parties Page for other great places to find new recipes. Orecchette Pasta with Chicken Meatballs in a Mushroom Marsala Sauce