Creamy Dreamy No-Bake Strawberry Milkshake Pie is perfect for summer. Cool, sweet and delicious.
So on the morning of July 4th, our friends invited us over for a pool party and cookout. We were told not to make anything but lucky for me I already had some food items ready to go for the long holiday weekend.
Well, Ella is like her dad and loves any opportunity to make a new dish to share with family and friends. She wanted to make a tart. Then she wanted to make a pie.
Then she wanted to make something with fruit. I tried to give her ideas but she was not liking any of them. I told her to get online and find something that fit what she had in mind.
She settled on this wonderful No-Bake Strawberry Milkshake Pie. What an easy recipe using cool whip, fresh strawberries, strawberry jello and a graham cracker crust. Easy Peasy.
Ella’s No-Bake Strawberry Milkshake Pie was the hit of the party and I am going to need her to make another one so I can get some pictures of the final creamy pie.
What is your favorite no-bake dessert recipe?
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- 1 (3.3 oz) package Strawberry Gelatin
- 1 8 oz package cool whip or whipped topping
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- Garnish with additional sliced strawberries and whipped topping.
In a small pot, bring 2/3 cup water to a boil.
- Stir in strawberry gelatin until dissolved.
- Remove from heat, and stir in remaining 2/3 cup cold water.
- Stir for two minutes.
- Allow mixture to cool slightly before mixing in Cool Whip, stirring just until combined.
- Fold in diced strawberries and pour into graham cracker crust.
- Refrigerate for four hours, or until stiff.
- Just before serving, top with sliced strawberries and whipped cream or cool whip.
First published by Quinn Caudill for DadWhats4Dinner.com ©2016
Recipe modified from Delish.com
I love Ella’s recipes and I am sure you will too!