It’s Hot Hot Hot! So are my Firecracker Grilled Turkey Burgers! This double-decker is stacked full of flavor with melted hot pepper jack cheese, stuffed with avocado, topped with salsa and jalapenos. You will need to take a dip to put out the fire!
This post is sponsored by Jennie-O but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
So; since the first of the year, I have been on a health kick. Well, a healthier kick! I stopped eating junk food, snacking between meals and late at night. My treats are fruits and unsalted mixed nuts with craisins. I am eating more lean meats and fewer carbs.
Do You Know How To Clean Your Grill?
As a food blogger, this can be a little difficult, but I have found new recipes and modified my own using healthier choices like these JENNIE-O® ¼ lb. Seasoned Turkey Burgers.
Okay, so my recipe for Firecracker Grilled Turkey Burgers isn’t completely healthy, but besides the cheese and the bread, all ingredients are low-fat. I have lost 30 lbs in six months by changing my diet and working out six days a week.
You don’t have to substitute flavor to have a healthy lifestyle. You just need to make better choices using quality leaner products, Jennie-O makes it easy to eat well.
How to make my JENNIE-O® Firecracker Grilled Turkey Burgers:
Pre-heat grill on medium heat. Place frozen burgers 4 inches from heat source for 7-9 minutes per side (turning once) until fully cooked to 165°F. Add cheese slices to burgers. Lightly butter buns and sprinkle with garlic salt. Place buns, butter side down, on the grill and toast until cheese is melted.
Remove buns from grill and top bottom bun with one turkey burger. Top first patty’s with sliced avocado.
Place the second burger on top of avocado, then top with salsa, jalapenos and top bun. Enjoy!
So what on your grill this summer? Whatever it is, make the nutritious switch and use JENNIE-O® Turkey burgers and franks for your summer grilling.
Click here for more information.
- 4 1/4 lb. JENNIE-O® Seasoned Turkey Burgers.
- 4 slices hot pepper jack cheese
- 6 slices fresh avocado
- 2 brioche buns
- garlic salt
- jalapenos slices
- Preheat grill on medium heat. Place frozen burgers 4 inches from heat source for 7-9 minutes per side (turning once) and until fully cooked to 165°F.
- Add cheese slices to burgers. Lightly butter buns and sprinkle with garlic salt. Place buns, butter side down, on the grill. Toast until cheese is melted.
- Remove buns from grill and top with one turkey burger. Top first patty with sliced avocado.
- Place the second burger on top of avocado, then top with salsa, jalapenos and top bun. Enjoy!
- First published by Quinn Caudill for DadWhats4Dinner.com ©2018
Check out more of my healthy grilled recipes;