Quick and easy Best Ham Salad spread is the perfect recipe to use up that leftover holiday ham. Made with ground ham, hard-boiled eggs, mayonnaise, mustard, pickle relish and served on crackers.
When I was a kid we had pretty simple New Year’s Eve parties. My parents were not the parting type, but we had a good time with family over to play games and eat lots of good food. At midnight, or probably around 10:00 pm we would go outside, bang pots and pans together and shoot off a few fireworks.
I always remember having ham salad every year. Mom would get out her hand grinder and use up the rest of the Christmas ham. My appetizers have become a little more sophisticated over the years like my Mini Beef Wellingtons or my Elegant Olive Brie Puffs, but I still have to have my Best Ham Salad. It would not be the New Year without it.
Happy New Year!!
- 6 cups ground fully cooked ham, see note
- 4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 tbsp. prepared yellow mustard
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Assorted crackers for serving
- Mix ham, eggs, onion, celery, pickle relish, and onions together in a bowl.
- Combine mayonnaise and mustard's together in a separate bowl.
- Add mayo mixture to ham and stir to coat.
- Season to taste with black pepper.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
- Serve with crackers.
You might also like my;