You will get addicted to my Apple Crack Slaw Egg Rolls with Creamy Sriracha Sauce! Destined to be your new favorite fall appetizer or dinner.
Well, it is finally starting to feel like fall. The temperatures finally dropped to near normal for this time of year and I am so happy. Earlier this week I brought you my Apple Fritter Pie as part of #Appleweek 2017. I hope you have enjoyed all of the great recipes from my blogger friends and have signed up for our awesome Giveaway provided by our sponsors.
Big shout out to Carlee, my friend over at Cooking with Carlee for all her hard work on #Appleweek as well as all the bloggers created all of these fabulous apple recipes.
My recipe for Apple Crack Slaw Egg Rolls with Creamy Sriracha Sauce is the savory side of my happy apple land. Before you fill my comment box that the purpose of crack slaw is to be low carb alternative to egg rolls, I decided to make it both ways.
If you want it low carb, eat the filling plain. If you want your Apple Crack Slaw Egg Rolls crunchy, place the wonderful filling in an egg roll wrapper and fry or bake. Either way, this recipe is addictive and I love the slight crunchy sweetness of the apple. Served with the creamy sauce you might never get takeout again.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 small onion diced
- 16 oz. bag coleslaw mix
- 1 large apple spiral sliced or peeled into thin strips plus more for garnish
- 2 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. Sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar or substitute
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. rice wine vinegar
- 3 green onions sliced
- 16 oz. Nasoya® Egg Roll Wraps about 21
- oil for frying
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp. Sriracha
- 1 1/2 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- In a large skillet brown ground beef and pork. Season with salt and pepper. Remove meat from pan and drain in a paper towel-lined colander.
- Heat olive and sesame oil to the same pan, over medium-high heat. Sauté onion and garlic until softened. Add coleslaw mix and apple. Cook for five minutes until cabbage is cooked down.
- Stir in soy sauce, sriracha, sugar, ginger, and vinegar. Return beef and pork to pan along with green onion; stir to combine. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Moisten edges of egg roll wrappers, one at a time. Place 2 tbsp. Apple Crack Slaw in the middle of the wrapper. Fold in 3 corners and roll to seal. Fry two at a time about 2 min each side until golden brown.
- Mix mayonnaise, sriracha and soy sauce together.
- Store in ar tight container.
First published by Quinn Caudill for Dadwhats4dinner.com ©2017.
Apfelstrudel Recipe (Apple Strudel from Scratch) from House of Nash Eats
Apple and Onion Cornbread from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Apple Butter Cheesecake from The Redhead Baker
Apple Chicken Stew from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Apple Cider Dark & Stormy from The Crumby Kitchen
Apple Mincemeat Pie from Palatable Pastime
Apple Pie Bread from Sew You Think You Can Cook
Apple Pie Pancakes from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
Apple Praline Bread from Family Around the Table
Apple Stuffing Crusted Pork Chops from Caroline’s Cooking
Apple Walnut Bars from The Chef Next Door
Battered Chocolate Caramel Apple Slices from The Freshman Cook
Caramel Apple Pull Apart Bread from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Apple Crack Slaw Egg Rolls from Dad What’s 4 Dinner
Cinnamon Apple Donuts from Daily Dish Recipes
Diminutive Caramel Apples from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Easy Caramel Apple Butter from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
Fast and Easy Peanut Butter Yogurt Fruit Dip from Cooking With Carlee
Mom’s Apple Cake from Books n’ Cooks
Oatmeal Applesauce Muffins from Amy’s Cooking Adventures
PB Apple Butter Muffins from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Roasted Butternut Squash and Apples from Simple and Savory
Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Apples from Feeding Big
Savory Apple Turkey Brie Galette from Bear & Bug Eats
Swiss Vegetarian Autumn Lasagna With Apples & Squash from All That’s Jas
You might also like some of my other apple recipes;
p style=”text-align: center;”>“Disclaimer– Thank you to #AppleWeek Sponsors: Rodelle, Dreamfarm, Casabella, Flahavan’s Irish Oatmeal, Pyrex, Chicago Cutlery, Rainier Fruit, and Veggie Wash for providing prizes for #AppleWeek free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #AppleWeek. Bloggers received no monetary compensation. All opinions are my own.”