Notice: Undefined index: serving_unit in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas13_data01/11/3069911/html/wp-content/plugins/wp-recipe-maker/includes/public/class-wprm-metadata.php on line 166
Wow! These Game Day Jalapeño Bacon Corn Muffin Bombs is a must add to your Homegating Recipes for your Big Game Party. They are the perfect side dish to compliment my awarding wining Texas Chili . Your guests for the Big Game party might eat more of these muffins than your homemade chili. You probably should make two batches.
“Thank you to Mezzetta for sponsoring today’s post and inspiring me to create a Homegating recipe with the #MostValueablePepper! The Jalapeño!”
We usually go to our friends house to watch The Big Game. This year I will be bringing one of my chili recipes along with these Game Day Jalapeño Bacon Corn Muffin Bombs. The flavors of the Mezzetta Jalapeño’s, bacon, cream cheese, pepper cheese and corn muffins is amazing. The little ball of jalapeño popper cream cheese filling is what will blow you away.
I love jalapeño poppers. So I started making jalapeño popper dip, which is amazing. I need to post my recipe. I then created jalapeño popper taquitoes which I also need to post. Can you tell I have a small obsession with jalapeños, cream cheese and lots of recipes that need posting. So I was trying to come up with a way to get the popper filling inside of a muffin or puff pastry without the cheese mixture melting to quickly and oozing out. I solved the issue by creating a log of the mixture then freezing it. When ready to use, slice off 2 teaspoons of filling and place in the batter. The frozen filling allows the muffin to bake without the cheese oozing out. So when you bite into these Game Day Jalapeño Bacon Corn Muffin Bombs you get to experience the joy of a Jalapeño popper inside of an amazing corn muffin.
When preparing your Homegating Recipes why not use the best ingredients to make your best dishes for the Big Game. I love Mezzetta products, quality ingredients at a reasonable price? Join the #Mezzetta Homegating Party to get great recipe idea’s for your big game party and a chance to win a 55″ LCD TV and Mezzetta Party Pack from the #Mezzetta Homegating Sweepstakes!
• Grand Prize (1) – 55” 4K LED TV plus the Mezzetta Homegating Party Pack including Mezzetta branded football, blanket, pint glasses (4), cooler, party tray, cocktail napkins, and a jar each of Mezzetta Whole Golden Greek Peperoncini, Deli-Sliced Tamed Jalapeños, Deli-Sliced Mild Pepper Rings, Sliced Golden Greek Peperoncini, Roasted Bell Peppers and Deli-Sliced Roasted Bell Pepper Strips.
• Runner Up Prizes (10) – Mezzetta Homegating Party Pack
Requirements for Entry: First Name, Last Name and Email Address
Expires: January 26th, 2016
Winners Chosen at Random
Winner will be notified and will receive prize within 2 weeks.”
What plans do you have for The Big Game??
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/3 [Mezzetta Jalapeno peppers | https://ooh.li/425e928] diced
- 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup all purpose flour 125g
- 1 cup cornmeal (120g)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened, 1 stick
- 2 Tbsp . reserved bacon grease or canola oil
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 cup buttermilk room temperature
- 4 slices of bacon cooked and chopped, reserve 2 Tbsp bacon grease
- 1/3 cup [Mezzetta Jalapeno peppers | https://ooh.li/425e928] diced
- 12 [Mezzetta Jalapeno pepper rings | https://ooh.li/425e928] optional
- In medium bowl combine softened cream cheese, pepper jack cheese, cheddar cheese and diced jalapeños.
- Roll into a 1 inch thick log.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill until ready to use,
- Can be frozen.
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F
- Line 12 muffin tins with paper cups. Spray with cooking spray, set aside.
- Cook bacon, reserving two tablespoons grease. set aside.
- Sift together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In mixing bowl, with whisk attachment attached, whisk together butter, bacon grease or oil, sugar and honey until smooth.
- Whisk in egg until combined then whisk in buttermilk. Mix until smooth.
- While mixer is running on low, slowly add in dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Fold in diced jalapeños and bacon. Do not overmix.
- Fill muffin cups half full.
- Place 1/2 tablespoon of Jalapeño Cream Cheese Filling on top of batter.
- Top with remaining batter, making sure cream cheese block is covered.
- Top each muffin with [Mezetta Jalapeño peppers rings | https://ooh.li/425e928].
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425°F and then reduce heat to 350°F and bake for another 16-18 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, cool for 5 minutes before removing muffins from muffin tin.
Especially her technique of high heat for 5 minutes to boost the rise in the muffins.
Click here to pin for later:
Remember don’t forget to enter the #Mezzetta Homegating Sweepstakes for your chance to win a big screen tv for the Big Game. Share the tweet below to give all your wonderful followers the chance to enter to win.
[ctt title=”Who doesn’t need a new big screen for the Big Game!” tweet=”Our MVPs this year are our peppers! Enter https://ooh.li/425e928 to win big! @MezzettaFoods #MostValuablePepper #MezzettaHomegating #sp” coverup=”0eMaE”]
Quality ingredients, like the Mezzetta peppers…is what makes a good recipe great…. Mezzetta is a family owned since 1935, where the fourth generation of Mezzetta family is continuing the commitment to bring their customers the highest quality foods available. They source the finest fresh produce from the sun-drenched soils of California, Italy, Spain, France, and Greece and prepare them according to their Italian family recipes at their state-of-the-art production facility in the Napa Valley. Inspiration is just a twist away!