We enjoy hosting parties for family and friends during the holidays and I usually go all out with elegant appetizers and desserts. With this in mind I think for the rest of November and December blogposts I am going concentrate on what most people want during the Holiday season. Simple cookies, cakes and party appetizers that can be made ahead to simplify the season.Why not give the people what they want. I have a quite a few recipes in the works, but today I am making a quick, but elegant appetizer that could be made ahead of time and frozen. These Elegant Olive Brie Puffs use Mezzetta olives, creamy brie, leeks, mushrooms, hot capocollo (Italian cured meat) and frozen puff pastry sheets.It’s like a melt in your mouth Mediterranean puff pillow of yuminess! Your guests will love the taste of quality Mezzetta olives and how it pares with the brie and puff pastry.The Elegant Olive Brie Puffs are very simple to make but they look and taste like they were purchased from a gourmet deli.
To make: first thaw your puff pastry according to package directions. Clean and chop the leeks (white and green part only). (Tip: be sure to clean leeks carefully as dirt will hide inside the leaves). Chop mushrooms and hot capocollo. Drain and dice the olives and set aside. Heat butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms, leeks and hot capocollo. Cook 5-10 minutes until the leeks and mushrooms are tender. Lightly salt veggies. Stir in Mezzetta olives and lemon juice. Stir until heated through. Place mixture into a bowl and cool completely. (Tip: I placed the mix into the freezer for 20 minutes). On a floured surface, roll out 1 sheet of puff pastry and cut into 2 1/2 inch squares. Place 1 tsp of brie in the center of the puff pastry square. Top with 1 tsp of cooled olive mixture. Fold puff pastry over to create a triangle. Brush with egg wash and seal with a fork. Bake on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 12 -15 minutes until puffed and golden brown. Repeat with second puff pastry sheet. Serve warm.
- 1 package of puff pastry thawed according to package directions, 2 sheets
- 1 cup leeks cleaned and chopped
- 4 oz mushrooms cleaned and chopped
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup hot capocollo chopped (You could substitute prosciutto or bacon)
- 4 oz Marzetta Kalamatta Olives drained and diced
- 2-3 oz Marzetta Garlic Olives drained and diced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 oz Brie rind removed and cubed (Keep Chilled)
- 1 tbsp egg + 1 water
- Preheat oven to 375³
- Thaw your puff pastry according to package directions.
- Clean and chop the leeks, white and green part only.
- Chop mushrooms and hot capocollo.
- Drain and dice the Mezzetta olives and set aside.
- Heat butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms, leeks and hot capocollo.
- Cook until the leeks and mushrooms are soft. Lightly salt veggies.
- Stir in Mezzetta olives and stir until heated through.
- Place mixture into a bowl and cool completely. (Tip: I placed the mix into the freezer for 20 minutes).
- On a floured surface, roll out 1 sheet of puff pastry and cut into 2 1/2 inch squares.
- Place 1 tsp of brie in the center of the puff pastry square.
- Top with 1 tsp of cooled olive mixture.
- Fold puff pastry over to create a triangle. Brush with egg wash and seal with a fork.
- Bake on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for 12 -15 minutes until puffed and golden brown.
- Repeat with second puff pastry sheet.
- Serve warm.
Mezzetta is all about making Holiday Memories, My recipe is all about pleasing family and friends but keeping it simple and using quality ingredients like Mezzetta brand products. Make these Elegant Olive Brie Puffs ahead of time and spend more time making memories with your family!
Quality ingredients, like the Mezzetta olives…is what makes a good recipe great…. Mezzetta is a family owned since 1935, where the fourth generation of Mezzetta family is continuing the commitment to bring their customers the highest quality foods available. They source the finest fresh produce from the sun-drenched soils of California, Italy, Spain, France, and Greece and prepare them according to their Italian family recipes at their state-of-the-art production facility in the Napa Valley. Inspiration is just a twist away!
This elegant but simple recipe for Olive Brie Puffs isn’t the only thing I am bringing you today, I am also sharing with you a contest from Mezzetta Olives where you can win some amazing gifts and prizes. Awesome isn’t it!! Thanks Mezzetta!!
From now until December 31st, Mezzetta is hosting The Holiday Memories Sweepstakes:
• Grand Prize (1) – Instant Print Digital Camera plus a Ultimate Olive Lover’s Gift Basket including Mezzetta Olives, Olive Spoon, Cutting Board, Olive Bowl, Cocktail Napkins and Recipe Card.
• Runner Up Prizes (10) – Ultimate Olive Lover’s Gift Basket including Mezzetta Olives, Olive Spoon, Cutting Board, Olive Bowl, Cocktail Napkins and Recipe Card.
Winners will be chosen at random and will be notified and receive the prize within 2 weeks from the end of the sweepstakes. Just click HERE to enter… quick and simple just like my recipe.So during this holiday season impress your guest and give yourself a break by making these Elegant Olive Brie Puffs ahead of time so you are ready for the parties and drop in guests. Don’t forget to enter to win the Mezzetta Holiday Sweepstakes
“Thanks to Mezzetta for sponsoring today’s post!”
Click here to pin for later:How do you prepare for the Holidays?
[ctt title=”Win @MezzettaFoods Olives & an instant print digital camera to create, capture and share your own #MezzettaMemories #ad ” tweet=”Win @MezzettaFoods Olives & an instant print digital camera to create, capture and share your own #MezzettaMemories #ad ” coverup=”Yf9z5″]