Does it get any better than Crab Deviled Eggs! Great twist on a classic potluck staple!
Who doesn’t love deviled eggs? Who doesn’t love crab? I put the two together in my recipe for my Best Crab Deviled Eggs recipe ever. Over the past few weeks, I have been experimenting with a crab salad recipe using imitation crab meat. I usually made this on Friday because typically that is my day off from cooking and crab salad really isn’t cooking.
I really wasn’t planning on posting the recipe, but the family loved it, especially when I added hard-boiled eggs to the recipe. My family loves egg salad and the combination of the two tasted awesome.
I guess I actually need to get around to just posting the salad recipe but really it is just the recipe for the filling for these Best Crab Deviled Eggs.
I was trying to decide on what I was going to post for my Easter menu when I realized this new crab/egg salad recipe would make a great filling for deviled eggs. My family loves deviled eggs but we usually only have them on holidays.
I lighten the recipe by using low-fat mayo. You can use real crab if you want, but the imitation crab works fine for this type of dish and is definitely more economical.
This is great as a salad if you do not want to stuff the eggs. Serve over lettuce or with crackers. But if you want to impress your family for Easter or at the next potluck, you need to make my Best Crab Deviled Eggs recipe.
- 18 hard-boiled eggs, divided (See recipe below)
- 1 (8 oz) package imitation crab meat or (6 oz can crab meat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed)
- 8 hard-boiled eggs yolks
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise, more or less to taste
- 1 Tbsp. dill relish
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. brown mustard
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. prepared horseradish
- 2-3 dashes hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp. fresh or dried dill weed
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Fresh dill and smoked paprika for garnish Regular paprika can be substituted for smoked (Optional)
- Boil eggs according to directions below.
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set whites aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the crab and yolks.
- Add onion, celery, mayonnaise, relish, mustard's, lemon juice, horseradish, hot sauce, dill weed, salt and pepper; mix well to combine.
- Pipe or spoon into egg whites.
- Sprinkle with fresh dill and smoked paprika.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Place eggs in a large saucepan.
- Cover eggs with cool water by 1 inch.
- Bring water to a boil over medium high heat.
- When water has reached a boil, cover and remove from heat.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Transfer eggs to a large bowl filled with ice and water; allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Peel immediately.
First published by Quinn Caudill for dadwhats4dinner.com © March 2015
Revised March 2017
I also will be bringing my Best Crab Deviled Eggs recipe to Freedom Fridays, Friday Favorites, Fiesta Friday, Weekend Potluck, What’s Cooking Wednesdays. Checkout my Link Parties Page for other great places to find new recipes.
Click here to pin for later:
Check out some of my other Easter inspired recipes!