Easy Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Fajitas with Homemade Fajita Seasoning are perfect for game day nachos.
With the start of 2016 I have big plans and goals for Dad Whats 4 Dinner. I started seriously blogging last March and I have learned a lot and had some great help along the way. I still have so much to learn and do, to get Dad Whats 4 Dinner to the level I would like it to be. So here are my top 10 goals for the new year. This is just as much for me as it is for you. Accountability you know!!!
- Blog at least one healthier slow cooker recipe a week. Today’s Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Fajitas is the first of 52.
- Work on an editorial calendar that allows me to be a few weeks ahead on posts.
- Using the editorial calendar to work smarter to keep my ADD in check. There is always a million things I want to accomplish for the blog. Sometimes it gets overwhelming and I try to work on bits and pieces of everything
- Keep learning and improving my photography skills.
- Get healthy and blog healthy.
- Spend more time in the evening with the family instead of blogging.
- Keep building relationships with other bloggers and grow followers to the blog and social media
- Grow my relationships with brands and generate new revenue streams.
- Learn to use my new iMAC to speed up my work flow. It is already helping!!
- Finally create an outlet to help followers in a more direct way.
I created my recipe for Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Fajitas last fall, so I apologize for the pics. They were taken when I was just starting to improve my photography skills. This by no means takes away on how good this chicken tastes. I used the chicken fajita filling to make nachos, topped with fresh avocado and some Mexican Cojita cheese. Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Fajitas would also make a great filling for soft tacos or enchiladas. For a party, allow your guests to create their own self-serve nacho bar by keeping the filling warm in the slow cooker and have all the condiments ready to go.
To make my Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Fajitas place chicken and all ingredients except the low-fat Velveeta cheese in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 5-6 hours. Shred chicken and return it to the slow cooker along with the cheese cubes. Stir to combine and cook for another 30 minutes until cheese is nice and gooey. Serve as nachos with avocado and some extra cheese. I used a mixture of breasts and thighs but you could also use just breasts to make it a little healthier. You can find my recipe for Homemade Fajita Seasoning here!
- 3 in boneless chicken breasts cut half
- 6 chicken thighs boneless and skinless
- 1 ounces can [Herdez Ranchera salsa | http://www.herdeztraditions.com/products/traditional-salsa/herdez-salsa-ranchera/] (substitute 7 salsa of choice), 7oz
- 11/2 tbsp [fajita seasoning | https://dadwhats4dinner.com/homemade-fajita-seasoning/]
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 bag tri-color onion pepper blend frozen vegetables
- 4 oz [Velvetea 2% low-fat cheese | http://www.kraftrecipes.com/velveeta/products/loaf.aspx] cubed
- Tortilla Chips
- Cojita cheese
- Place semi frozen chicken into slow cooker.
- Season with fajita seasoning. (See [Homemade Fajita Seasoning Mix | https://dadwhats4dinner.com/homemade-fajita-seasoning/]for recipe).
- Add onions and peppers.
- Pour in ranchera salsa and chicken broth.
- Stir to combine all ingredients.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred with 2 forks.
- Return chicken and [Velveeta 2% low-fat cheese | http://www.kraftrecipes.com/velveeta/products/loaf.aspx] to slow cooker.
- Mix together and allow to cook for another 30 minutes, until cheese is melted.
First published from the kitchen of Dad Whats 4 Dinner https://dadwhats4dinner.com January 2016
[ctt title=”Game Day Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Fajitas” tweet=”Check out my Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Fajitas. Perfect for #Gameday #recipe” coverup=”4a0NX”]
Click here to pin for later:
p style=”text-align: center;”>