Here is a quick and easy tortellini salad to take advantage of summer vegetables. I used to grow a garden but since we have been in our new home, I haven’t decided on the optimal place to start a new one. Something I need to work on by next spring. Luckily I have Garver Family Farm in Monroe Oh., a great local farm who sales homegrown fruits and vegetables and is open throughout the spring and summer. Their cherry tomatoes are wonderful, especially the yellow ones. I could eat them like candy.
Since the kids are back in school this is a great salad for them to take for lunch or as a quick dinner during those busy evenings. I used frozen cheese tortellini from Gordon Food Service (GFS). The tortellini’s are restaurant quality at an affordable price. I also used those wonderful little sweet peppers from Wilson Produce.
Cook the tortellini. Chop the vegetables and meats. Mix in a large bowl and add your dressing.
- 24 oz .Cheese Tortellini fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- 1 cup sweet peppers chopped
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup black olives sliced
- 1 cup low-fat mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup beef summer sausage cubed
- 1 cup low-fat creamy zesty Italian dressing
- 1 tsp dill weed optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil. Add cheese tortellini and cook for 2-4 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- In large bowl add onion, peppers, tomatoes, olives, cheese and sausage. Mix well. Fold in cooked and drained tortellini. Stir in dressing, salt, pepper and dill.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
I would love to hear what you think about this recipe and connect with you.
[contact-form][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Website’ type=’url’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]