I don’t know of a better way to get your veggies than in these scrumptious Carrot Cake Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting. Simple and delicious!
So I have made many different bar and cake recipes over the years. One of my favorite ingredients is carrots. They always add such a nice flavor and texture especially when paired with raisins and nuts. I love using fresh vegetables in the summer to make desserts like my zucchini bars and my Blueberry Sour Cream Skillet Bread.
Cream Cheese Frosted Carrot Cake Bars
My kids are starting school next week and I will make a batch of these Carrot Cake Bars for the start of the year teachers luncheon. I guess I should also make a batch for the kids so they have a nice snack when they get home from school after a hard first day.
What is your favorite dessert bar recipe?
- 1 (15.25 oz.) box Carrot Cake mix not prepared
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped nuts walnuts optional (can use pecans); divided
- 8 oz. butter softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp. Rodelle Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix your carrot cake mix, vegetable oil, and eggs until all the ingredients are combined.
- Fold in raisins and 2/3 cup nuts.
- Spread the dough evenly into a sprayed 9x13 inch pan. Flatten the top.
Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool completely.
- Beat the butter and cream cheese until nice and fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Slowly add powdered sugar.
Beat until smooth and no visible chunks of cream cheese remain.
- Spread on top of the cooled cake bars.
- Sprinkle your chopped nuts over the top and serve or refrigerate for a few hours to allow frosting and bars to set up.
- Store bars in an airtight container, in the refrigerator.
First published by Quinn Caudill for DadWhats4Dinner.com ©2016 updated ©2018
You might also like my;