So the other day my favorite neighbor and resident Dad Whats 4 Dinner taste tester (Amber) wanted me to come up with a dessert containing a filling like a Whopper candy. Now there are many recipe’s on the web using whopper candies and others using malted milk powder. I researched a bunch and like usual I came up with my own version using malted milk powder, peanut butter powder and marshmallows. The combination of the malted, peanut butter flavored crust, topped with a layer of melted marshmallows then with a layer of malted chocolate fudge finished off with chopped up whopper candies, can be summed up in one word: RICH!!!! Christie, my wife, took these to a potluck at work and they didn’t last long. But most importantly they got the seal of approval from Amber, who requested them in the first place.
This is a fairly easy recipe to make. You can find malted milk powder in the baking or hot chocolate section of your grocery. We use the peanut butter powder to make protein shakes for breakfast. It can be found “wait for it” with the peanut butter. Go figure, right!!
If you like what you see, please sign up to receive all my new recipes via email. I will never sell your information and I will not spam your inbox. I usually send out a newsletter once a week.
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted, 2 sticks
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp malted milk powder divided
- 2 tbsp peanut butter powder divided
- 1 1/2 cup dark chocolate chip
- 1 cup chopped whoppers divided
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 6 oz dark chocolate chips
- 6 oz milk chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F
- Line a 9*13 baking pan with foil, allowing to overlap the sides. Spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together butter and sugars.
- Slowly whisk in eggs and vanilla.
- In a small bowl combine flour, 2 tablespoons malted powder and 1 tablespoon peanut butter powder.
- Whisk to combine with butter/sugar mix.
- Fold in 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips and 1/2 cup chopped whoppers.
- Spread batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake cookie bar for 25-30 minutes until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean and golden brown.
- Immediately spread marshmallows evenly over hot cookie.
- Cook under broiler for 2-3 minutes.
- Use a spatula evenly spread melted marshmallows.
- While the bars are baking, heat sweetened condensed milk, in large sauce pan, over low heat.
- Stir in dark and milk chocolate chips. Heat until smooth, whisking constantly.
- Remove from heat and whisk in remaining malted and peanut butter powder.
- Spread evenly over marshmallow layer.
- Press remaining whoppers into fudge layer.
- Refrigerate malted wonder bars for 4 hours or overnight.
- Lift bars out of pan and then carefully remove foil.
- Cut into squares.
Fudge recipe inspired by ShugarySweets.com Whopper Cookie Bars
I also will be bringing my Malted Wonder Bars recipe to Freedom Fridays, Friday Favorites, Fiesta Friday, Weekend Potluck, What’s Cooking Wednesdays. Checkout my Link Parties Page for other great places to find new recipes.
Check out some of my other sinful desserts:
p style=”text-align: center;”>