What could be better than Tequila, Limes, Chicken and Avocado? Now turn this into a salad and place it in a crunchy quesadilla and you have my Grilled Tequila Lime Chicken Salad Quesadilla with avocado dressing. Fresh grilled and goes perfect with a margarita.
Grilled Tequila Lime Chicken Salad Quesadilla
I can’t believe it’s almost Memorial Day. This year is flying by. My kids are on summer break and already bored. Ugh! My Grilled Tequila Lime Chicken Salad Quesadilla was first posted over at my friend Michelle’s blog A Dish of Daily Life.
Todays recipe for Grilled Tequila Lime Chicken Salad Quesadilla would be perfect for any of the upcoming holidays. For Memorial Day serve as written. For Father’s day serve as a chicken salad on flat bread and for July 4th, add some chopped lettuce, tomato and sliced avocado along with the grilled chicken and you have a wonderful Grilled Tequila Lime Chicken CHOPPED Salad with Avocado Dressing on the side.
METHOD: My Grilled Tequila Lime Chicken Salad Quesadilla is super easy to make. Whisk up your marinade and let the chicken get nice and drunk. Light your grill, make sure it is clean, and grill the chicken until good and done. Chop your veggies and make your dressing. Chop the chicken and mix everything together.
Let it set in the fridge awhile to let the flavors come together. When ready to serve, heat up your griddle and grease it, so the quesadillas don’t stick. Add the Grilled Tequila Lime Chicken Salad and some of the queso fresco cheese to the tortilla. Sear on the griddle until crispy and melty.
- 6 skinless boneless thin chicken breast halves
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice, about 2
- 1/3 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. dried cilantro flakes or 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp. minced seeded jalapeño chilies (optional)
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 avocado, peel and seed removed
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup low-fat mayo
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 4 green onions, sliced thin, green parts only
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup Queso Fresco cheese, crumbled
- 8 flour tortillas
- If not using thin cut chicken breast, place breasts, one at a time, between two pieces of wax paper.
- Flatten with a mallet to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Whisk together all of the tequila lime marinade ingredients (lime juice through black pepper) in a large bowl.
- Pour into a large zip top food storage bag along with chicken breast.
- Let the chicken marinade for a few hours, or overnight.
Light you grill on high heat to 600°F.
- Remove chicken from marinade and drain in a colander. Discard marinade.
- Place the chicken on the hot grill, over direct heat. Grill 5-7 minutes per side.
- Set aside to cool, then chop into bite size pieces.
- Place avocado through salt in food processor.
- Puree until smooth.
- With processor running slowly, pour in olive oil.
- Continue to process until creamy and smooth. Set aside.
- (Optional: reserve 1/2 cup dressing to serve on top of quesadillas.)
- Place chicken, chopped vegetable and dressing in a large bowl.
- Mix until all ingredients are coated evenly.
- Chill in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Heat griddle to 400°F. Grease with butter or cooking spray.
- Assemble quesadillas by placing 1 cup of chicken salad on flour tortillas.
- Top with 2 tablespoons quest fresco cheese.
- Fold over and sear on the griddle until nice and crisp and melty. About 5 minutes per side if using a regular griddle not a panini maker.
By Quinn Caudill for DadWhats4Dinner.com © 2016
I also will be bringing my Grilled Tequila Lime Chicken Salad Quesadilla recipe to Freedom Fridays, Friday Favorites, Fiesta Friday, Weekend Potluck, What’s Cooking Wednesdays. Checkout my Link Parties Page for other great places to find new recipes.
If you like my Grilled Tequila Lime Chicken Salad Quesadilla you will love my~>