“This post is sponsored by Everywhere Agency on behalf of Char-Broil; however, all thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.”
You will be the master of your backyard when you learn how to Grill the Perfect Steak using Char-Broil’s Commercial Series TRU-Infrared Gas Grill! #NowYoureCookinMemorial Day is right around the corner and that means its grilling season. Be honest, how is your grill? Don’t be ashamed! Look outside, is it falling apart? Are weeds growing through the grates? Does it have hot spots and flare ups every time you try to grill? When you invite friends over for a steak cookout, do they offer to bring pizza? Not Good!!! So today I will show you the benefits of a better grill and how to cook the perfect steak. You will no longer be envious of your neighbors grill.The perfect steak is what all griller’s want to achieve in life. It sounds so simple but it is one of the hardest meats to cook perfectly. We love to entertain throughout the various seasons on our new deck and a patio in the backyard. Grilling is my thing and my guests expect a lot from me since my livelihood is food blogging. Achieving the perfect steak is not easy unless you have a grill up to the task.
The new Char-Broil Commercial Series TRU-Infrared Gas Grills is perfect for the job and great for newbie griller’s as well as the seasoned grill-master. Because the Char-Broil Commercial Series has TRU-Infrared technology it eliminates flare-ups, distributes heat evenly which creates up to 50% juicier food.Last weekend we hosted family for our sons 18th birthday. He wanted steaks and some of our guests wanted chicken. My Char-Broil TRU Infrared grill easily allowed me to evenly cook 12 steaks and 6 chicken breasts at the same time. The cooking surface is huge! I also used the side-burner to cook some awesome fried corn served with my Green Chili Cornbread Salad.I like the fact the grill has a fuel tank gauge so you don’t run out while entertaining. Nothing stops a party quicker than needing to run to the store to exchange your tank. Whats cool about the Char-Broil Commercial Series TRU-Infrared Gas Grill it is dual fuel enabled, which allows me to connect to the natural gas at my home. I highly recommend this method because you will never run out of gas.
Tips to Grill the Perfect Steak:
- Buy the best meat. Choice or Prime!
- Make sure you allow the meat to warm up before grilling.
- Make sure your grill is cleaned and oiled.
- Only salt the meat when ready to grill. Lightly oil the steaks first.
- Make sure the grill is hot to seal in the juices. Your steak should sizzle.
- Only flip steaks with tongs and never stick with a fork.
- Cook to the correct temperature. (See Below)
- Let the meat rest before serving to allow the juices to redistribute to the center of the steak and the fibers to relax. About 5 to 8 minutes.
- 4 boneless strip steaks or rib-eye's, 1 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 onion, cut in half
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 4 tbsp. butter, divided
- Heat your grill on high.
About 30 minutes before ready to grill, remove steaks from the refrigerator and allow them to come to room temperature.
Soak cut side of onion in the oil.
- After cleaning the grill use the onion half to rub the grill grates with oil.
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place the steaks on the grill and cook until slightly charred, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Flip the steaks using tongs. (Never use a fork to turn steaks)
- Top steaks with a pat of butter.
Medium-rare 3 to 5 minutes (135°F)
- Medium 5 to 7 minutes (140°F)
- Medium-well 7 to 9 minutes (150°F)
- Remove steaks from the grill and transfer to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
First published by Quinn Caudill for DadWhats4Dinner.com ©2017
I will be bringing my How to Grill the Perfect Steak recipe to Freedom Fridays, Friday Favorites, Fiesta Friday, Weekend Potluck, What’s Cooking Wednesdays. Checkout my Link Parties page for other great places to find new recipes.
Check out some of my other Grilling favorites: