I have been compensated by Sundown Naturals® and Pollinate Media Group for this post as part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Sundown Naturals® but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #GoodnessGiveaway #sharethegoodness http://my-disclosur.es/OBstV
I am the luckiest man on earth! This coming March I will have been married to my lovely wife “Christie” for 25 years. Wow where did the time go. We were married at a very young age and waited to have kids for about 6 years. We have had our ups and downs and I am sure most of the downs have come from me. We have 3 wonderful kids who are growing up so fast.
I try to eat a healthy diet and Christie has been working out and eating very healthy for the last 10 months. She has lost 20 lbs and looks great. Well I guess it is my turn to get in shape. I had a good routine going in the spring but I got side tracked by an injury and a week of being sick. It is so hard to stay on track when small things throw you off your schedule.
To celebrate our anniversary, and to give me a little more motivation, we will be traveling to Hawaii for 10 days in late February. This is our first time going to the Islands and we are so excited. Our goal is to be as close as we can to the shape we were in when we got married.
To help with this plan we are eating cleaner and healthier, like my recipe for Grilled Salmon Lettuce Wraps below. Exercising and supplementing our new healthy lifestyle with good vitamins like the new Sundown Naturals® adult GUMMY vitamins I found at Walmart. I have been a vitamin taker for years hopefully to make up for any gaps in my diet. I encourage Christie to take vitamins and she will that these are Gummies instead of a big pill.
So I picked up Sundown Naturals® Co Q-10 Gummy vitamins for myself. The Sundown Naturals® Co Q-10 Gummies are Peach Mango Flavored and Gluten–Free. Co Q-10 Gummies provide a fun and delicious way to support heart health*.
I also picked up a bottle of Fish Oil Gummies for Christie and I. Sundown Natural’s Fish Oil Gummies with Vitamin D3 give you the support you need for heart, bone, immune health, and so much more.* Each serving provides 81 mg of heart-healthy Omega-3s, and 200 IU of Vitamin D3 for immune health.* These delicious dummies come in Grape, Strawberry and Raspberry flavors.
Are you a vitamin taker for better health? Why don’t you take a short quiz here with a coupon attached at the end, to see what vitamins are best for your status in life. We love Sundown Naturals® because they are free of gluten, dairy and artificial flavors◊.
Do you have a reason to get in shape? Mine is another 25 years or more with my wonderful wife and our trip to Hawaii.
- 1 lb salmon fillets
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 Agave sweetener
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp Agave sweetener
- 1 package cabbage slaw mix
- 1 small cucumber peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded and cut into thin strips.
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup low fat greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp chopped basil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 small shallot minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 leaves large romaine lettuce
- Pre-heat grill to medium high heat.
- Rub salmon with lemon pepper, garlic powder and salt. Place in a 1 gallon ziplock bag.
- In a medium bowl whisk together soy sauce through oil. Pour marinade over salmon and
- chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove Salmon from marinade and grill for 5-6 minutes per side, turning once.
- Remove and let rest until ready to serve.
- In a large bowl, combine the lemon and lime juice with the vinegar and the Agave sweetener.
- Add the cabbage slaw, cucumber, onion, red pepper with the cilantro and toss well.
- Set aside to allow flavors to blend.
- In a medium bowl, mash avocado with a fork.
- Fold in the sour cream, basil, garlic, lemon juice, lime juice, and shallot.
- Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Spread 1 tbsp of Avocado Aioli on lettuce leaf.
- Top with 1/6th of grilled salmon and a large spoonful of slaw.
- Eat, Enjoy and Get Healthy!
First published by Quinn Caudill for dadwhats4dinner.com © 2016
Interested in trying some Sundown Naturals® of your own? Enter the Goodness Giveaway Sweepstakes today! Head into Walmart and purchase at least 1 Sundown Naturals® vitamin product for a chance to win weekly prize packages and a grand prize! Every week, one winner will be selected to choose from 1 of 4 prize packs – Yogi Pack, Fitness Pack, Foodie Pack, or a $100 Walmart Gift Card. Simply upload a picture of your receipt here and you are entered for a chance to win some incredible prizes now through 11/1! We can walk down this path of bettering our lives together!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. ◊Applies to all products manufactured after 5/1/15. Please check back of label as manufacture dates may vary.
“Quinn is the author, photographer and recipe designer over at DadWhats4Dinner. He enjoys cooking for family and friends and being creative in the kitchen. He makes ordinary everyday food extraordinary. He lives just north of Cincinnati with his wife of 23 years, three kids and three cats. His kids have well-developed palates and his youngest daughter is now working with him on the blog, creating recipes for her own page “Cooking with Ella“. Follow him on: Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram.
p style=”text-align: center;”>