Baked Spanish Rice is full of flavor and cooks perfectly every time when you bake the rice instead of steaming or cooking the rice on the stove.
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice Substitute medium grain white rice if you want
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 2 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin ground
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup black beans rinsed and drained
- Preheat oven to 375° F
- Add rice to a 3 quart casserole dish.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter over medium high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and saute until softened.
- Add chicken broth and bring to boil.
- Stir in tomato sauce and next 5 ingredients. Remove from heat and pour over rice.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Fluff with a fork and serve immediately.
First published by Quinn Caudill for DadWhats4Dinner.com ©2015
All photos and recipes are the property of DadWhats4Dinner.com - copyright 2015-2106
Please join me and bring your recipes and DIY projects to Throwback Thursday’s!
I also will be bringing my Baked Spanish Rice recipe to Freedom Fridays, Friday Favorites, Fiesta Friday, Weekend Potluck, What’s Cooking Wednesdays. Checkout my Link Parties Page for other great places to find new recipes.
“Quinn is the author, photographer and recipe designer over at DadWhats4Dinner. He enjoys cooking for family and friends and being creative in the kitchen. He makes ordinary everyday food extraordinary. He lives just north of Cincinnati with his wife of 23 years, three kids and three cats. His kids have well-developed palates and his youngest daughter is now working with him on the blog, creating recipes for her own page “Cooking with Ella“. Follow him on: Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram.”