Your Dad is going to love these Grilled Bacon Wrapped Greek Pork Medallions for Father’s Day. If he likes fillet mignon he will go crazy for this recipe.
So Father’s Day is coming up soon. We usually spend Father’s Day on the road dropping the kids off at camp and last year we picked up some ribs from the local market and threw them on the grill when we got home. Check out my post for wet burritos to hear about the great summer camp my kids attend.
Have you had a chance to get your dad a gift for Father’s Day? A few weeks back, Uncommon Goods sent me a cast iron griddle pan as an early Father’s Day gift.
Have you been Uncommon Goods to see all of the quality gifts they have to offer? This cast iron griddle pan is perfect on the grill, under the broiler, or in the oven. The bonus is that it comes with pita own serving trivet so you can go straight from the grill to the table. Think of sizzling fajita’s at your local Mexican restaurant. Click here to check out great gifts for Father’s Day from Uncommon Goods.
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Greek Pork Medallions
I used mine to make my Grilled Bacon Wrapped Greek Pork Medallions. To explain what these are like, think of a bacon wrapped beef tenderloin filet mignon. They are so simple to make and you can cut them with a fork. Marinating the tenderloins for a couple of hours makes them incredibly tender and the bacon wrap keeps them moist.
METHOD: Whisk together the marinade and chill for at least two hours. Discard the marinade and cut the tenderloin in 1 1/2 thick slices. Place two medallions together at the flat part of the tenderloin and wrap with bacon. This can be assembled ahead of time and when you are ready to serve your dad, all you need to do is light up the grill.
Grill for 5-7 minutes per side and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
DO NOT OVERCOOK!! Serve my Grilled Bacon Wrapped Greek Pork Medallions along with grilled asparagus and mashed potatoes. Happy Father’s Day to me!!
What is your Dad’s favorite grilling recipe?
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp Greek seasoning
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 2 pounds pork tenderloins 1-1 1/2 each
- 8 slices bacon
- wooden picks
- salt and black pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together red wine, olive oil, lemon juice and Greek seasoning.
- Place tenderloins and onion in a gallon size bag.
- Add marinade and place in fridge for 2 hours turning a couple of times.
- Remove tenderloins from fridge and discard marinade.
- Slice tenderloins in approximately 1 to 1 1/4-inch wide medallions.
- Place flat side of two medallions together and wrap bacon slice around both pieces.
- Secure with wooden picks.
- Repeat with remaining medallions and bacon.
- At this point the pork can be covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated until ready to grill.
- When ready to grill pre-heat a cast iron grill pan to 400º. Spray with cooking spray or a little olive oil.
- Salt and pepper both sides of medallions.
- Place pork medallions in grill pan or directly on grill.
- Close lid and grill for 5-7 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 145° F.
- DO NOT OVERCOOK!!!
- Allow the pork to rest 5 minutes before serving.
I also will be bringing my Grilled Bacon Wrapped Greek Pork Medallions to Freedom Fridays, Friday Favorites, Fiesta Friday, Weekend Potluck, What’s Cooking Wednesdays. Checkout my Link Parties Page for other great places to find new recipes.
“This shop was not compensated for this post. Merchandise was provided to me by Uncommon Goods for review. As always all opinions are mine alone.”
Don’t forget to visit UncommonGoods to see more gifts for men.