Okay so I am a little embarrassed to call this a recipe. Its more like a tutorial on how to make a very yummy, simple, kid friendly, Christmas treat. What’s wrong with that? Nothing!!!So I came up with these Peppermint Ritz Kisses while I was having cheese and crackers. You ask how did I go from cheese and crackers to a wonderful simple treat. Well I was eating cheese on a reduced-fat Ritz cracker. Sad to say but it wasn’t tasting very good. Don’t get me wrong I love Ritz but sometimes the reduced-fat version is well, not as buttery as the real thing. I buy the reduce fat version for obvious reasons. I probably shouldn’t eat cheese and crackers anyway, but it is one of my favorite snacks.So back to the Peppermint Ritz Kisses. As I was not enjoying my reduced-fat Ritz I decided I could make a sweet treat out of the rest of the box. I wanted to call these treats low-fat but my wife quickly told me NO. Either way they are awesome and less fattening than using regular Ritz, so there!!There are hundreds of “recipes” on Pinterest and the web for desserts made with Ritz crackers. It is amazing some of the dishes made with a simple cracker, but the sweet and salty mix really works. Since I had almost full box of crackers left, I decided to make these treats while I was baking and cooking for Christmas all weekend. My Peppermint Ritz Kisses were by far the simplest cookie I made and they look so good.The flavors of salty crackers, semi sweet kisses, sweet white almond bark and crushed peppermint just work great together. Get a box of Ritz crackers, bag of Hershey Kisses, container of white melting bark, about 4 candy canes and a microwave and you are all set. Quick simple and Oh so good. Perfect treat for a kids Christmas party but nice enough to take to your office holiday get together.If you like what you see, please sign up to receive all my new recipes via email and follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest. Don’t forget to press the Yum Button.
[ctt title=”Must make Peppermint Ritz Kisses: 4 ingredient, 30 minute #holiday cookie! http://wp.me/p6nyGi-1aw @HersheysKisses @Ritzcrackers ” tweet=”Must make Peppermint Ritz Kisses: 4 ingredient, 30 minute #holiday cookie! http://ctt.ec/b2f5x+ @HersheysKisses @Ritzcrackers ” coverup=”b2f5x”]
- 2 sleeves Ritz reduced-fat crackers about 70
- 1 bag Hershey Chocolate Kisses substitute your favorite flavor
- 1 lb . pkg white chocolate almond bark
- 4 pieces candy canes broken into small
- Place a single layer of crackers on a microwave safe plate.
- Top with chocolate kisses.
- Melt on high for about 1 minute, checking often.
- When chocolate starts to melt remove plate from microwave and top with another cracker.
- Push down lightly being careful not to crush cracker.
- Microwave for a few more seconds if needed.
- Repeat with remaining crackers.
- Cool completely,
- Melt white almond bark according to package directions.
- Using tongs dip cracker sandwich into melted chocolate and place on parchment lined pan. Sprinkle with candy canes.
- Allow to cool completely before serving, if you can!!
Click here to pin for later: