I just love appetizers. I mean what’s not to love. Easy simple finger food that everyone enjoys. There is no bigger time of the year for appetizers than during the football playoffs leading up to The Big Game. Of course you know what game I am taking about I just can’t use those words. I really do not want to be sued by the behemoth that runs pro football.
“Check out my first video and please leave comments with your thoughts, Thanks”
Enough of that, this week is all about great Game Day appetizers helping you host a party that your guests will not forget. I will be posting lots of awesome party recipes leading up to The Big Game. But if you are looking for more recipes check out Homemade Hamburger Sliders or my Spicy Beer Bratwurst Sliders and Homegating Tips.I am always looking to create new twists on appetizers using quality products. My recipe for Spicy Olive Cheese Bombs does just that by using quality Lindsay olives, pepper jack cheese sticks and regular biscuit dough, There lots of recipes for cheese bombs on the web but none like this!
Lindsay Olives is helping you get your Game Day on at their online store with an opportunity to redeem an exclusive 25%-off coupon for online orders. You can get recipes, special offers and new product updates, plus a $1-off in-store coupon by joining Club Lindsay.
Method to make Spicy Olive Cheese Bombs:
Pre-heat your oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drain the olives and dry completely. Cut Pepper Jack String Cheese sticks into 5 pieces. Flatten each biscuit. To assemble; place one piece of cheese surrounded by one olive in the middle of flattened biscuit. Moisten edge of biscuits with water. Stretch and wrap biscuit dough around the olive and cheese.Press to seal completely. Place each biscuit, seam side down on baking sheets. Brush each Spicy Olive Cheese Bomb with egg wash. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Stir melted butter, together with spices until blended and brush each bomb with butter mixture. Serve warm!
- 2 regular size refrigerated biscuits 10 count cans
- 20 whole Lindsay All Natural Black Olives large, sliced one side to separate
- 4 Pepper Jack String Cheese Sticks
- 1 tbsp egg + 1 water
- 1/4 melted butter
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes crushed
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drain the olives and dry completely.
- Cut each Pepper Jack String Cheese sticks into 5 pieces
- Flatten each biscuit.
- To assemble; place one piece of cheese surrounded by one olive in the middle of flattened biscuit.
- Moisten edge of biscuits with water.
- Stretch and wrap biscuit dough around the olive and cheese.
- Press to seal completely.
- Place each biscuit, seam side down on baking sheets.
- Brush each Spicy Olive Cheese Bomb with egg wash.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Stir melted butter, together with spices until blended and brush each bomb with butter mixture. Serve warm!
I will be bringing my Spicy Olive Cheese Bombs to Freedom Fridays, Friday Favorites, Fiesta Friday, Weekend Potluck, What’s Cooking Wednesdays. Checkout my Link Parties page for other great places to find new recipes.
You might also like my;
“Quinn is the author, photographer and recipe designer over at DadWhats4Dinner. He enjoys cooking for family and friends and being creative in the kitchen. He makes ordinary everyday food extraordinary. He lives just north of Cincinnati with his wife of 24 years, three kids and three cats. His kids have well-developed palates and his youngest daughter is now working with him on the blog creating recipes for her own page “Cooking with Ella“. Follow him on: Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram.”