This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KingOfFlavor #CollectiveBias
So we love to watch football in our house and with homegating comes great food. Usually spicier the better. With the help of El Yucateco® I created this awesome recipe for Spicy Beer Bratwurst Sliders which combines two great tailgating foods: Bratwurst and Sliders with a nice spicy kick.
I love experimenting with different types of sliders. If you are not sure what a slider is check out my recipe for Homemade Hamburger Sliders. I also love habaneros and El Yucateco® makes great sauces which add plenty of flavor to any dish.
El Yucateco® is giving entrants the chance to win one-of-a-kind tailgating and homegating packages and MORE!
I picked up all my homegating supplies and ingredients for my Spicy Beer Bratwurst Sliders at my local Jungle Jim’s. I love all the sauces from El Yucateco® Hot sauce as it enhances the flavor of all my recipes. It is easy to find in the condiment section.
To help you with your homegating experience I have compiled a checklist so that you can be ready for the best two months of the football season.
Follow my homegating playbook so you don’t fumble the ball this football season:
- Before the pros kick-off, rally your teammates for some backyard competition. Toss around a football or play a game of Cornhole.
- Make sure you have a great place to homegate indoor or outside: Fire up the patio heater to keep your guests around post-game, or huddle around a fire pit to celebrate a big win with a cold beverage.
- Prep food before the crowd arrives. Mix dips, cut up fruit and chop veggies so everything is ready for game time.
- Tailgating decorations are aplenty in the world of sports and there’s no shortage for homegating. Garnish your entertainment room with team colors and memorabilia, including team cups, koozies, game-day chair covers.
- It may be worth moving your bulky, fragile furniture out of your entertainment room to allow room for extra chairs or pacing. Set aside a few, easily accessible folding chairs or bar stools in case you need more seating.
- Remove breakable items for your rowdy fans so when the game comes down to the wire nothing ruins the excitement.
- If young kids are coming create a kid-friendly zone. Children more than likely don’t know who’s playing in the championship, and probably don’t care either. Dedicate a safe space for them to romp around and have their own playtime.
- A snack and beverage station will go over well with all guests. Don’t overthink it, though; a cooler of drinks and a variety of appetizers will do. Make sure you have nonalcoholic drinks too.
- Keep a carpet and upholstery cleaner on hand for the inevitable spills. You might want to also have paper towels or rags in waiting.
Homegating is all about making memories and good food! After all, that’s what all about!.
- 1.5 lbs . beer bratwurst casing removed
- 1.5 lbs . ground chuck. 80/20 blend
- 6 tbsp . minced dehydrated onions
- 2 tbsp . El Yucateco® Red Chile Habanero divided
- 1 tbsp . El Yucateco® Chipotle
- 2 tsp . seasoning salt
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 12 slices white American cheese.
- 24 slider buns or split dinner rolls
- Condiments to serve
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Make spicy mayo by combining 1/2 cup mayo and 1 tablespoon El Yucateco® Red Chile Habanero sauce. Set aside in fridge until ready to use.
- Place beer bratwurst and ground chuck in large bowl top. Add El Yucateco® Red Chile Habanero, 1 tablespoon El Yucateco® Chipotle and 2 tablespoons minced onions.
- Use hands to combine evenly but do not over handle.
- Spread remaining onions evenly on a large cookie sheet or half sheet pan.
- Evenly spread and press down meat mixture over onions. (This can be prepared ahead of time. Cover with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator for up to 24 hours.)
- Cook sliders in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Meat will shrink up.
- Remove from oven and drain excess grease.
- Cover meat with cheese and placer back in oven until cheese melts.
- Cut spicy beer bratwurst sliders into 24 squares.
- Spread spicy mayo on buns and top with pickles
- Serve immediately.
Homegating list modified from Remax Blog
Bring your recipes and DIY projects to Throwback Thursday’s every Thursday at 7:00pm est.!
I will be bringing my Spicy Beer Bratwurst Sliders to Freedom Fridays, Friday Favorites, Fiesta Friday, Weekend Potluck, What’s Cooking Wednesdays. Checkout my Link Parties page for other great places to find new recipes.
You might also like some my other game-day recipes;
“Quinn is the author, photographer and recipe designer over at DadWhats4Dinner. He enjoys cooking for family and friends and being creative in the kitchen. He makes ordinary everyday food extraordinary. He lives just north of Cincinnati with his wife of 24 years, three kids and three cats. His kids have well-developed palates and his youngest daughter is now working with him on the blog creating recipes for her own page “Cooking with Ella“. Follow him on: Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram