Creamy Dreamy No-Bake Strawberry Milkshake Pie is perfect for summer. Cool, sweet and delicious. So on the morning of July 4th our friends invited us over for a pool party and cookout. We were told not to make anything but lucky for me I already had some food items ready to go for the long holiday weekend.
Well, Ella is like her dad and loves any opportunity to make a new dish to share with family and friends. She wanted to make a tart. Then she wanted to make a pie. Then she wanted to make something with fruit. I tried to give her ideas but she was not liking any of them. I told her to get online and find something that fit what she had in mind.
She settled on this wonderful No-Bake Strawberry Milkshake Pie. What a easy recipe using cool whip, fresh strawberries, strawberry jello and a ghraham cracker crust. Easy Pesy. Ella’s No-Bake Strawberry Milkshake Pie was the hit of the party and I am going to need her to make another one so I can get some pictures of the final creamy pie.
What is your favorite no-bake dessert recipe?
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- 1 oz package Strawberry Gelatin 3.3
- 1 8 oz package cool whip or whipped topping
- 1 cup strawberries diced
- Garnish with additional sliced strawberries and whipped topping.
- In a small pot bring 2/3 cup water to a boil.
- Stir in strawberry gelatin until dissolved.
- Remove from heat, and stir in remaining 2/3 cup cold water.
- Stir for two minutes.
- Allow mixture to cool slightly before mixing in Cool Whip, stirring just until combined.
- Fold in diced strawberries and pour into graham cracker crust.
- Refrigerate for four hours, or until stiff.
- Just before serving, top with sliced strawberries and whipped cream or cool whip.
Recipe modified from Delish.com
Please join me and bring your recipes and DIY projects to Throwback Thursday’s!
I also will be bringing my No-Bake Strawberry Milkshake Pie recipe to Freedom Fridays, Friday Favorites, Fiesta Friday, Weekend Potluck, What’s Cooking Wednesdays. Checkout my Link Parties Page for other great places to find new recipes.
I love Ella’s recipes and I am sure you will too!
“Quinn is the author, photographer and recipe designer over at DadWhats4Dinner. He enjoys cooking for family and friends and being creative in the kitchen. He makes ordinary everyday food extraordinary. He lives just north of Cincinnati with his wife of 23 years, three kids and three cats. His kids have well developed palates and his youngest daughter is now working with him on the blog, creating recipes for her own page “Cooking with Ella“. Follow him on: Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram.”