These Loaded Tex Mex Chili Dog Queso Waffle Fries are one of best appetizers I have ever created!!!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RaceDayRelief #CollectiveBias
When I was young my dad got me interested in auto racing and the fun of Race Day. Each winter we would go to speed week, in Florida, and attend 2 or 3 races. What I also remember during this time was the food. Now if you have ever attended a race there is usually three things you can count on: fast cars, lots of crazy fans and yummy concession stand food. The problem with this type of awesome food is that it can cause heartburn and that can make for a long day.
The Duck Commander 500 Race is coming up on April 9th at Texas Motor Speedway and Nexium24HR will be sponsoring the young Ty Dillon’s #33 car on Race day. I am a big fan of Texas food: hot, spicy, and usually beefy. To get you ready for the race, I created my Loaded Tex Mex Chili Dog Queso Waffle Fries. If this dish doesn’t make you think of Texas and Race Day, I am not sure what will.So I was at WalMart the other day to pick up supplies to make my Loaded Tex Mex Chili Dog Queso Waffle Fries. Since this type of dish might cause a case of heartburn, I also purchased a box of all new Nexium24HR. Nexium and Walmart have teamed up to offer you a coupon to give Nexium24Hr a try and it is super easy to find in the Walmart pharmacy department. If you are new to racing or looking for a young driver to follow, you can learn more about Ty Dillon, by clicking here to find Ty Dillon’s Nexium ad on page 59, Also watch for Ty Dillion driving the Advil car later this year,
To make your Race Day even more enjoyable I used my crock pot to make the Tex Mex Chili Dog sauce. With the chili sauce staying warm in the crock pot, any time you get hungry, during the Duck Commander 500, all you need to do is bake your waffle fries. While the waffle fries are baking, make your queso blanco sauce. When the fries are done layer them in a cast iron skillet or bunch them together on you baking sheet. Top the fries with about a cup of warm queso. Spoon about two cups of Tex Mex Chili Dog sauce over queso. Top with tomatoes, green onion, some more fresh queso fresco and jalapeño slices. Throw under the broiler for a few minutes and dig in.My Loaded Tex Mex Chili Dog Queso Waffle Fries makes enough for a couple of batches. Have a big plate during the first half of the race and a batch to celebrate a Ty Dillion victory in his #33 Nexium24HR race car. Your Nexium24HR for all day relief will cover you so you can enjoy your second batch.*
- 12 oz all beef jumbo hot dogs sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 2 (15 oz) can hot dog chili
- 1 (10 oz) can low-fat cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chili's
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 package frozen waffle fries
- 1 cup white cheddar or Monterey jack cheese shredded fine
- 1 1/2 cups Queso Fresco cheese divided
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 tbsp onions chopped fine
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped fine (optional)
- 1 tomato chopped
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno sliced
- In a small slow cooker stir together hot hogs, chili, cheddar cheese, tomatoes with chilies, cumin and chili powder.
- Heat on low for 3 hours.
- When ready to assemble: bake waffle fries according to package directions.
- While fries bake: In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, sauté onions until softened, about 5 minutes
- Stir in jalapeños, garlic, cumin, and salt, cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in cream and bring to a simmer.
- Slowly whisk in cheese.
- Cook until melted and thickened. Do not burn.
- Remove fries from oven and place on serving platter or in cast iron skillet.
- Turn oven up to broil.
- Top with 1 cup Queso Blanco sauce.
- Top with Tex Mex chili dog sauce.
- Drizzle with more Queso Blanco sauce
- Add jalapeños, tomatoes, green onions and cilantro.
- Top with remaining crumbled Queso Fresco,
First published by Quinn Caudill for dadwhats4dinner.com © 2016
I also will be bringing my Loaded Tex Mex Chili Dog Queso Waffle Fries to Freedom Fridays, Friday Favorites, Fiesta Friday, Weekend Potluck, What’s Cooking Wednesdays. Checkout my Link Parties Page for other great places to find new recipes.
PIN IT!What is your favorite Race Day traditions?*Nexium 24HR provides all day, all night frequent heartburn protection. May take 1 to 4 days for full effect. Use as directed for 14 days to treat frequent heartburn. Do not take for more than 14 days or more often than every 4 months unless directed by a doctor. Not for immediate relief.
*Click HERE to get a Nexium24HR Coupon:
p style=”text-align: center;”>