My Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie is a healthier slow cooker version of the comfort food classic. Easy to make with a healthy twist.
Slow Cooker Recipe #4 is my Healthy Chicken Pot Pie!
So this year I will be posting slow cooker recipes once a week. I’m going to try, I say try to make most of these slow cooker recipes healthier. I will be posting a wide variety of recipes from everyday dinners, breakfast, dessert and side dishes to help simplify your life. Do you have a favorite recipe you would like me to convert for the slow cooker.
Crock Pot or Slow Cooker??? I am trying to decide which name to use. What do you call it??
This Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie is very simple to make and besides the biscuits it is quite healthy. I added sweet potatoes, but you could substitute regular potatoes. The sweet potatoes added a subtle sweetness which I liked but not sure my kids felt the same way.
I used canned biscuits. I couldn’t find the reduced fat version of Pillsbury Grands™. Not sure if they discontinued making them.I was going to make my own biscuits but ran out of time, which is what happens to most families on a busy weeknight. That is what makes my Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie so perfect. 30 minutes after you get home dinner is ready.
To make: Place chicken and veggies in the slow cooker. Whisk together the soup, milk and spices. Add soup mix to slow cooker, stir to combine. Cook on low for 5 hours. Remove chicken and shred. Return chicken and frozen veggies to slow cooker. Cook for another hour or so until thickened. Serve with biscuits. YUM!
I will be bringing my Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie recipe to Freedom Fridays, Friday Favorites, Fiesta Friday, Weekend Potluck, What’s Cooking Wednesdays. Checkout my Link Parties page for other great places to find new recipes.
Click here to pin for later:
- 3-4 about 2 . boneless chicken breast halves (about 2 pounds)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup baby carrots, sliced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup sweet potato, diced (optional)
- 2 (10 oz) cans heart healthy condensed cream of chicken soup
- 10 oz. low-fat milk
- 3 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 (16 oz) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place chicken into crock pot
- Cover with onions, carrots, celery and sweet potato
- In a medium bowl whisk together chicken soup, milk, garlic, salt, celery salt, and black pepper.
- Pour soup mixture over chicken and veggies, stir to coat.
- Cook on low for 5.5 hours.
- Stir the frozen mixed vegetables into the slow cooker, and cook 1 hour more.
- Serve topped with biscuit
Check some of my other awesome crock pot recipes: