This delicious Creamy Layered Pasta Salad with Deviled Egg Dressing recipe combines deviled eggs and pasta salad in a dish that is perfect for Mother’s Day, or any summer together. The dressing is creamy, egg-y and bold…I think it is the best dressing I have ever made! This is sure to be one of the most popular side dishes at your next get together or holiday dinner!
It is time to start thinking about Easter, Mother’s Day, Memorial Day cookouts and potluck dinners. I first published my recipe for Creamy Layered Pasta Salad with Deviled Egg Dressing on A Dish of Daily Life as part of Michelle’s creative team. My Creamy Layered Pasta Salad with Deviled Egg Dressing combines all of the favorites of spring and the vinaigrette, while not completely healthy, it is made with low fat mayo and good fats and oils.I love layered salad. I love deviled eggs. I love a good pasta salad. So why not combine them all together in one wonderful Creamy Layered Pasta Salad which is perfect for Mother’s Day dinner or for your next potluck. My wife Christie couldn’t stop raving about this salad. Guess what I am making for Mother’s day.Follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Twitter – Google + – Instagra
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 12 hard boiled eggs, divided
- 8 oz. pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 avocado
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp horseradish sauce
- 1 tbsp brown mustard
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayo
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup red sweet pepper, julianed
- 1 cup yellow sweet pepper, julianed
- 1 cucumber, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup Colby and Monterey Jack cheese, finely shredded
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- Place six hard boiled egg yolks in a food processor.
- Add avocado through salt to the eggs.
Puree until smooth. With processor running, slowly pour in olive oil.
- Continue to process until creamy and smooth. Chill in refrigerator until ready to use.
- In a large clear glass salad or trifle bowl assemble salad layer.
- In bottom of bowl place a layer of baby spinach.
- Top with peppers and a layer of pasta.
- Cover pasta with a layer of Deviled Egg Creamy Vinaigrette.
- Continue to layer onions, cucumber, remaining sliced hard boiled eggs, another layer of pasta and the snap peas.
- Top with remaining Deviled Egg Creamy Vinaigrette.
- Sprinkle with cheese, bacon and green onion.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 24.
By Quinn Caudill for DadWhats4Dinner.com © 2016
I also will be bringing my Creamy Layered Pasta Salad with Deviled Egg Dressing recipe to Freedom Fridays, Friday Favorites, Fiesta Friday, Weekend Potluck, What’s Cooking Wednesdays. Checkout my Link Parties Page for other great places to find new recipes.