Christmas M&M’s® Bundt Cake is the perfect dessert for all of your Holiday gatherings.. Kids and adults will love this festive cake..
Every year, on the Friday after Thanksgiving, our family tradition is to pick out our Christmas tree and enjoy the day getting into the holiday spirit. We have been visiting the same tree farm since our kids were born. Big Tree Plantation is located in Lebanon Ohio, about 20 miles from our home. This place is great for making family memories. Not only can you cut your own tree but you can enjoy a hay ride, Santa, and free hot chocolate. They have a fabulous barn with a huge selection of ornaments and Christmas decorations. Every year we pick out a family ornament and our kids also pick out individual ornaments. There is a sleigh in front of the barn for photo opportunities and we have a picture of our kids in the sleigh from each annual visit. What a great memento!
This year I decided to make a Christmas Bundt Cake for us to enjoy as we trimmed the tree.
Earlier in the week I was at Walmart picking up milk and some final ingredients for my Thanksgiving cooking. Walmart has a great display of Holiday baking supplies in a center aisle display and I noticed Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Cake Mix. I have used Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Cake Mix in the past but have never seen the Holiday version. I picked up a few bags of M&M’s® White Peppermint and M&M’s® Holiday Milk Chocolate to include in my holiday bundt cake. These items got my baking creativity going and that’s when I came up with the design for this Christmas M&M’s® Bundt Cake.
This cake is super easy to make – so easy I ended up baking two!The main reason I made the second cake was because when I was preparing the first I accidentally added yellow food coloring instead of red to the batter. Oops! After adding a lot of pink and purple (I was out of red) I finally had a batter which resembled red. The problem with making a tinted cake batter is that you never know how it will turn out until you cut into it. So I decided to use the first cake as practice and had my daughter help me make the candy cane design. The second cake design I used a more traditional approach for frosting a bundt, by pouring a glaze over the cake.
To make my Christmas M&M’s® Bundt Cake: Whisk eggs, milk, water and oil in a small bowl. Add wet ingredients to cake mix and combine according to package directions.
Place half of the batter into a prepared bundt pan and add some M&M’s® Holiday Milk Chocolate. Add red food coloring (NOT YELLOW) to remaining batter and mix to desired color. Pour over batter already in the bundt pan and sprinkle on some more M&M’s® Holiday Milk Chocolate. Bake for about 40 minutes. Cool completely.
To decorate: place white frosting in the microwave for 30 seconds, stirring after every ten. Drizzle glaze over cooled cake. Do the same with the Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Vanilla Flavored Green Frosting. Sprinkle with Funfetti® sprinkles. Place M&M’s® White Peppermint in a random pattern and pour remaining M&M’s® White Peppermint into the center of the bundt. Enjoy with a big glass of milk.
We had a great time decorating the tree and our home is ready for the holidays. With this done we now have plenty of time to enjoy the holidays. Since it is the giving season, and I made two cakes, I had plenty of cake to give away to family and friends.
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1 M bag &M's® White Peppermint
- 1 M bag &M's® Holiday Milk Chocolate
- 1 can Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Vanilla Flavored Green Frosting
- 1 can Pillsbury™ Vanilla Frosting
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F
- Lightly grease and flour a bundt pan, set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together water, milk, oil, and eggs.
- Place cake mix in a mixing bowl.
- Pour in wet ingredients and mix on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Beat on medium for 2 minutes until combined.
- Pour half of the cake batter into prepared bundt pan.
- Sprinkle about a 1/3 cup milk chocolate M&M's® and push down slightly into batter.
- Add red food coloring to remaining batter and mix until desired color is reached.
- Pour red cake batter over white.
- Add another cup of Milk chocolate M&M's® and push into batter.
- Bake cake for 40-45 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes then invert cake onto cooling rack.
- Cool completely.
- Place white frosting in microwave for 30 seconds, stirring after every ten sec.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled cake.
- Do the same with the Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Vanilla Flavored Green Frosting.
- Sprinkle with Funfetti® sprinkles.
- Place M&M's® White Peppermint in a random pattern.
- Pour remaining M&M's® White Peppermint into center of the bundt.
- Enjoy with a big glass of milk.
Bring your recipes and DIY projects to Throwback Thursday’s every Thursday at 7:00pm est.!
I will be bringing my Christmas M&M’s Bundt Cake recipe to Freedom Fridays, Friday Favorites, Fiesta Friday, Weekend Potluck, What’s Cooking Wednesdays. Checkout my Link Parties page for other great places to find new recipes.
Click to Pin It for later:Be sure to check out more delicious holiday baking recipes. I’d love to hear about your favorite holiday recipe and family traditions!
You might also like my:
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeInTheFun #CollectiveBias
“Quinn is the author, photographer and recipe designer over at DadWhats4Dinner. He enjoys cooking for family and friends and being creative in the kitchen. He makes ordinary everyday food extraordinary. He lives just north of Cincinnati with his wife of 24 years, three kids and three cats. His kids have well-developed palates and his youngest daughter is now working with him on the blog creating recipes for her own page “Cooking with Ella“. Follow him on: Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram.”