This weeknight Chicken Parmesan Casserole Bake has all the flavors of your favorite Italian dish without all the mess of frying the cutlets. Your kids will love it and it’s ready in less than an hour.
Here is another great easy weeknight recipe from my daughter Ella. I love this segment of the blog where I get to teach my daughter the fun of cooking and she gets to make great dishes. I hope you have been enjoying my favorite segment on the blog “Cooking with Ella“. I love the chance it gives me to cook with my youngest daughter, teaching her life long skills and the chance for us to grow and bond together. This week Ella wanted to try her hand at Chicken Parmesan Casserole Bake she learned some great cooking lessons. If you want to have some fun with your kids try some of Ella’s recipes here.
Lesson learned by Ella while making her Chicken Parmesan Casserole Bake:
- Safe chicken handling skills and how to cut up chicken.
- How to make a casserole out of the ingredients for another meal.
- Different types of cheeses and how to grate them.
- How to use a paper plate to easily transfer cheese from grater to dish.
Method: To make Chicken Parmesan Casserole Bake Ella greased the bottom of a 9×13 casserole dish. She added some garlic and spread it around. She then cut up the chicken and added to the dish. She poured on the marinara sauce and sprinkled it with Italian seasoning. Ella shredded the cheese and topped the marinara with half of the cheeses. She added the croutons and finished with the remaining cheese and baked for 30-45 minutes.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 skinless boneless chicken breast, cubed
- 2 cups prepared marinara sauce
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 cups package shredded mozzarella cheese divided, 8 ounce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese divided
- 2 cups garlic cheese croutons
- Pre-heat oven to 375° F.
- Coat the bottom of a 9x13 inch casserole dish with olive oil, and sprinkle with garlic.
- Spread cubed chicken in bottom of the dish.
- Pour marinara sauce over chicken.
- Sprinkle Italian seasonings over marinara sauce.
- Top with half the mozzarella cheese and half the Parmesan cheese.
- Spread croutons evenly over cheese.
- Top with remaining mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until cheese and croutons are golden brown and the chicken is no longer pink inside and the chicken reaches an internal temperature of at least 160° F.
Please join me and bring your recipes and DIY projects to Throwback Thursday’s!
I also will be bringing my Chicken Parmesan Casserole Bake recipe to Freedom Fridays, Friday Favorites, Fiesta Friday, Weekend Potluck, What’s Cooking Wednesdays. Checkout my Link Parties Page for other great places to find new recipes.
Check out some of Ella’s wonderful creations:
Quinn is the author, photographer and recipe designer over at DadWhats4Dinner. He enjoys cooking for family and friends and being creative in the kitchen. He makes ordinary everyday food extraordinary. He lives just north of Cincinnati with his wife of 24 years, three kids and three cats. His kids have well-developed palates and his youngest daughter is now working with him on the blog creating recipes for her own page “Cooking with Ella”. Follow Quinn | Dad Whats 4 Dinner on: Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram.