So over the next two weeks there is a good chance you will have family and friends in town, staying with you, for the Holidays. While this can be loads of fun for most but usually not for the host who has to keep them entertained and feed. Problem is that all these people want to eat and they will eat a lot.
This recipe for Cheesy Garlic Bread Breakfast Sandwich is a perfect solution for a few breakfasts while the guest take over your home. What a super easy breakfast dish that is very versatile and can be made ahead of time. By using store-bought garlic bread, from your grocery bakery, it is even easier.
To make: all you need to do is brown your meat, I used sausage, add your eggs to the skillet and any other additional ingredients you desire. Stir in some cheese. Now add the egg mixture to the garlic bread and top with some more cheese. Cover with the garlic bread top, wrap in foil and bake. (You can assemble and freeze the Cheesy Garlic Bread Breakfast Sandwich before baking)
Cheesy Garlic Bread Breakfast Sandwich is perfect for holiday guests, Christmas brunch or to help a New Years Day hangover!
- 1 loaf, oven ready garlic bread from the bakery. To make your own see note below
- 8 oz bulk sausage
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp milk
- salt / pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked, broken into large pieces.
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped ham
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato, could substitute salsa
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Open garlic bread and lay each half on foil lined baking sheet. Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- While bread bakes, cook sausage in a large skillet over medium high heat until browned. Drain.
- Gently stir in eggs.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook until eggs start to set.
- Stir in cheddar cheese and cook until eggs are set and cheese is starting to melt.
- Remove from heat.
- Uncover bread.
- Top bottom piece of loaf with egg / sausage mixture,
- Top with mozzarella cheese..
- Place top loaf of bread on top of eggs and wrap in aluminium foil.
- Bake for 10 minutes until cheese melts and bread is toasted.
- Remove from the oven and place on a cutting board. Let cool for few minutes.
- Slice and serve.
(If you cannot find or do not want to use ready made garlic bread purchase a loaf of French or Italian bread. Cut the bread lengthwise. Place both halves face up on parchment lined baking sheet. Brush both pieces with melted butter. Sprinkle with garlic powder. Cover with a piece of aluminum foil, place in the oven and bake for 10 - 12 minutes before topping with remaining ingredients. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.)
-First published by Quinn Caudill for DadWhats4Dinner.com ©2016
I will be bringing my Cheesy Garlic Bread Breakfast Sandwich recipe to Freedom Fridays, Friday Favorites, Fiesta Friday, Weekend Potluck, What’s Cooking Wednesdays. Checkout my Link Parties page for other great places to find new recipes.
Click here to pin for later:
You might also like: