My Boozy Root Beer Stand Glazed Ham is hands down the best glaze for your Easter Ham. If you haven’t tried the new Hard Root Beer your will be surprised how much it tastes just like regular root beer. Now that is probably not a good thing and you should definitely not let your kids get their hands on it.
You really can’t tell the difference from soft and hard root beer. Well you might if you have 3 or 4 of them. Trust me, that might be tough to accomplish because they are very sweet. That is what makes it such a perfect liquid to glaze your Easter ham. The combination of the hard root beer with the savory mustard gives the ham a wonderful flavor and aroma.
The ham I used was Private Selection Brand from Kroger’s. It is a fully cooked spiral sliced ham and comes with a glaze package. If you buy a ham that does not come with a glaze packet I have included a copycat recipe. I like Honey ___ Hams but they are so expensive.
Boozy Root Beer Stand Glazed Ham:
To make your Easter dinner easier, I have included an option to cook your ham in the slow cooker. This is the 11th recipe in my yearlong series “52 Weeks Of Slow Cooker Meals” Make sure you check out all my easy slow cooker meals at my Crock Pot Recipe page.
- 1 8-10 lb spiral sliced fully cooked ham
- 1 (12 oz) bottle Hard Root Beer like Coney Island or Not My Fathers Root Beer. Substitute regular root beer if needed.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp stone ground mustard
- 1 packet glaze mixture
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground clove
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- dash ground ginger
- dash ground allspice
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F.
- Remove ham from its bag and place it in a roasting pan.
- Cover the ham securely with foil and heat in oven for 8 to 10 minutes per pound.
50 minutes prior to the end of ham cooking time, prepare glaze.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over high heat while stirring constantly.
Reduce heat to simmer and cook until glaze is reduces by 1/2.
- Remove ham from oven approximately 30 minutes before end of recommended cooking time.
- Apply glaze evenly over surface of warm ham.
- Bake glazed ham uncovered 25 - 30 minutes.
- Remove glazed ham from oven and serve.
- Cook glaze according to above directions.
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place ham in slow cooker.
- Brush glaze over ham.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours or until meat thermometer inserted in ham reads 140°F.
- Remove ham from slow cooker. Cover loosely with foil and let stand 10 to 15 minutes.
- Strain cooking juices. Pour strained juices over ham slices.
First published by Quinn Caudill for DadWhats4Dinner.com © 2016
I will be bringing my Boozy Root Beer Stand Glazed Ham recipe to Freedom Fridays, Friday Favorites, Fiesta Friday, Weekend Potluck, What’s Cooking Wednesdays. Checkout my Link Parties page for other great places to find new recipes.
Pin ItYou might also like my;