Quick and easy Best Ham Salad spread is the perfect recipe to use up that leftover holiday ham. Made with ground ham, hard-boiled eggs, mayonnaise, mustard, pickle relish and served on crackers.
“This post may contain affiliate links. Clicking and purchasing through them helps Dad Whats 4 Dinner to keep the great content coming your way, Thanks Quinn!”
When I was a kid we had pretty simple New Year’s Eve parties. My parents were not the parting type, but we had a good time with family over to play games and eat lots of good food. At midnight, or probably around 10:00 pm we would go outside, bang pots and pans together and shoot off a few fireworks.I always remember having ham salad every year. Mom would get out her hand grinder and use up the rest of the Christmas ham. My appetizers have become a little more sophisticated over the years like my Mini Beef Wellingtons or my Elegant Olive Brie Puffs, but I still have to have my Best Ham Salad. It would not be the New Year without it.
Happy New Year!!
- 6 cups ground fully cooked ham see note
- 4 hard boiled eggs chopped
- 1 sweet onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery finely chopped
- 1/3 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 tbsp prepared yellow mustard
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Assorted crackers for serving
- Mix ham, eggs, onion, celery, pickle relish, and onions together in a bowl.
- Combine mayonnaise and mustard's together in a separate bowl.
- Add mayo mixture to ham and stir to coat.
- Season to taste with black pepper.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
- Serve with crackers.
I will be bringing my Best Ham Salad recipe to Freedom Fridays, Friday Favorites, Fiesta Friday, Weekend Potluck, What’s Cooking Wednesdays. Checkout my Link Parties page for other great places to find new recipes.
You might also like my;